- Remote - PST hours
- Job Terms:
- $30 an hour + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
We’re looking for a Product Engineer for a leading apparel/sportwear company to successfully oversee product development at all stages through initial concepting to the start of production. In this role, you will be responsible for building the product in partnership with fabric R&D, design, art and fit specialists. You will be responsible for translating design intent into technical Bill of Materials and communicate with sourcing and vendor partners to ensure the product is created with the appropriate materials, testing protocol and cost structure. You will also be responsible for the T&A of the product and ensuring that all deliverables are met from creation through start of production.
We are looking for somebody with a backgroud in apparel product development for children(girls) apparel category including knits, wovens, swim, outwear, and bras. You will be responding to global vendor partner emails, cost engineering of styles, creating and updating tech packs, attending meetings, and answering questions. Must be proficient in outlook, excel, illustrator, teams, and Zoo!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Responsible for product engineer of assigned product category from concept through to production-ready hand-off, ensuring technical engineering meets expectations for design intent, technical innovation and cost
• Key functional responsibilities including:
o Developing BOMs in partnership with design and create/update detail construction sketches
o Evaluating all samples (Proto, photo samples, pre-production) for correct construction
o Engineering product within strategic costing direction and providing solutions to aid the costing process in conjunction with Costing Engineers and GIS to ensure quality and costing parameters are met.
o Attends all fittings
o Partner with GIS and vendors to develop and innovate construction standards
o Coordinates wear test samples
• Partners with GIS and Production Management teams to ensure product is buy ready product and has gone through appropriate risk assessment
• Manages product through appropriate time and action to ensure all deliverables are being met
• Partners with Designers and Fit Specialists to understand fit intent and aesthetic ensuring translation into proto/ sample with consistency
• Contributes technical and construction expertise by collaborating with design, fit specialists and vendor partners
• Provide insight and guidance to GIS and Fit Specialists team leads and collaborate on construction, production or cost engineering solutions
• Follows sourcing strategy allocation logic developed by GIS and Product Strategy Leads
• Provide oversight of cost direction based online plan and product briefs provided by cross-functional team
• Partners with fabric R&D to ensure fabric development and approvals are appropriate for end user and meets business requirements
• Partners with Production Operations Lead on building responsive product toolbox
WHO YOU ARE
•5+ years experience in Technical Design/Product Development
• Technical knowledge of product engineering and garment construction (materials/fabric, construction, and technical innovation)
• Performance background a plus
• Demonstrates knowledge of technical construction expertise, cost engineering and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to create trust with cross functional teams
• Able to proactively troubleshoot and solve highly complex problems
• Knowledge of product creation calendar timelines and able to manage competing deadlines
• Traveled to and worked with manufacturers across Asia, Americas, and Europe
• Proficiency in MS office (Excel/Word/Outlook), Adobe Illustrator, PLM software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail, data accuracy and prioritization
• Flexible attitude to change
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.