- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
This position is remote.
Our healthcare client in Oakland, is seeking an Associate User Experience (UX) researcher to join our growing design team. In this role, you will assist with a number of research activities to help our client explore user behaviors and motivations, ultimately improving products that touch our members, providers, brokers, and employers.
In this role you will work with researchers and product managers to understand questions and user objectives before partnering with the team to develop and execute research projects. You will own participant recruitment, leading the creation and management of participant pools.
This role will include opportunities to refine your applied research skillset by assisting our UX research team with other responsibilities as they arise.
• Build research participant pools from the ground up.
• Manage research participant database for future recruitment.
• Recruit, screen, consent, and schedule research participants for in-person and virtual usability testing.
• Run research coordination and logistics efforts including meeting spaces, travel, and communications with research participants
• Other responsibilities may include:
o Conducting literature searches and competitive analyses.
o Assisting with UserZoom (web-based testing platform) study set-up.
o Transcribing audio and video recordings for qualitative analysis.
o Data cleaning for quantitative analysis.
• BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
• 2+ years of work experience recruiting research participants.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge of basic UX research methodologies and a keen interest to learn more.
• Experience building research participant pools.
• Experience with UserZoom or other testing platforms.
• Prior experience working in a research setting.