- Birmingham, AL | REMOTE
- Job Terms:
- $30-35 / hr.
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
This client is on a mission to make the road to carbon neutrality more accessible.
Every day, businesses, organizations, and consumers depend on electric power, travel, and package delivery. Almost every routine activity produces a measurable carbon footprint. As the world continues to awaken to the impact of carbon emissions and the importance of sustainable initiatives, consumers are increasingly seeking out companies that are embracing sustainable values and implementing sustainable strategies in their businesses. However, many companies find it challenging to show their commitment to sustainability and to bridge the gap between intent and action.
Enter, Company. Founded in 2019, this client has successfully launched a platform where consumers, businesses and organizations can seamlessly connect to the existing carbon market infrastructure and neutralize carbon emissions with ease.
Our “Sustainability as a Service” platform boasts two key benefits: First, this company helps businesses and organizations offset their own carbon footprint easily and reliably. Second, Company allows businesses to offer simplified carbon offsetting opportunities directly to their customers with a best-in-class API integration at online checkout or digital transaction.
About the Digital Marketing Specialist Position:
This Company is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to help drive lead generation and customer acquisition through digital marketing and advertising efforts. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work collaboratively with the Company team and will report to the Marketing Lead.
The ideal candidate is a marketing ninja: a hard working, detail oriented, analytical thinker who will take our digital advertising and organic content to the next level. A creative, proactive problem solver who can work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should require limited direct oversight and have an authentic passion for environmental sustainability.
- Website Maintenance: Create landing pages, update and optimize content, flag and ticket site bugs, and track and report site data regularly.
- Facilitate landing page optimization to drive traffic and nurture leads, including monitoring A/B tests on pages, utilizing personalization capabilities within the Marketing platform.
- Create and maintain digital assets in support of brand needs (i.e. additional templates, marketing toolkit assets, partner requests)
- Assist with email campaign concepting and scheduling, email template design, content writing, distribution, and reporting. (via Hubspot)
- Manage owned social media content from early concepting and planning through reporting. Stay informed on the latest social media trends and platform updates.
- Develop a strong grasp on Company’s brand voice and monitor content across all channels for consistency.
- Coordinate communications between internal team members, Company partners, and freelance talent, among other groups. Monitor timelines and deadlines per project to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Assist with the implementation, optimization and reporting for all digital advertising efforts, including LinkedIn retargeting campaigns, Google Search, Shopify Adwords, among other platforms.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends, technology, and standards to bring new ideas and outside influences to all areas of digital ads.
- Degree in a related field and 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent written communication skills, including short and long form content.
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO/SEM practices.
- Sufficient understanding of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Experience with SEO reporting, web analytics tools and digital advertising. (Google Analytics, SEM, LinkedIn Ads, Shopify Adwords)
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and testing and personalization platforms such as Optimizely.
- Strong written communication and proofreading skills.
- Experience with marketing automation software. (Hubspot preferred)
- Experience with project management systems. (Monday.com preferred)
- Understanding of advertising design best practices, keywords, and A/B testing.
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and a positive attitude.
- Experience in sustainability or tech a plus.
This is a long-term, open-ended contract opportunity. Excellent benefits available to you after 4 weeks of work including: medical, dental & vision insurance (subsidized up to 85%), matching 401K, sick pay, direct deposit, weekly paychecks, and more!
Preference will be given to candidates in the Birmingham, AL and can work onsite once the offices safely open back up, but we will consider 100% remote candidates, as well.