- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- $50-55/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a UX Researcher with 2-3 years of experience. This is a mixed-methods UXR role that requires professional experience with using Qualtrics, UserZoom, Pollfish, Excel, SPSS. This role is focused on continuously expanding the platform's language offerings - if you are a UX Researcher interested in Linguistics AND you are fluent in any of these languages: German, French, or Spanish - this will be a great fit for you!
TOP 3 MUST HAS SKILLS:
1 2-3 years experience in user experience research and design; across companies or fields an advantage.
2 Basic statistical analysis skills (excel, SPSS) and qualitative analysis skills
3 Super plus if candidate have experience in using Qualtrics
Typical Task Breakdown/Rhythm:
• Take an outlined research problem and develop a multi-methods research approach/plan: example topics: what tone of voice works in a certain language, issues around content quality in a specific language, what are people’s attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors on saving money from spare change, which terminology works best for naming a savings feature in an existing product
• Set up and conduct research studies: surveys on in-house platforms (Qualtrics, UserZoom, Pollfish etc.) and qual. studies in collaboration with internal research operations team or work with agency partners to conduct research in non-English markets
• Analyze results: both quantitative and qualitative data (statistical analysis, textual analysis)
• Distill actionable insights, package readout, and deliver to teams
Chance for Flex Hours/Remote: Yes
Chance for Extension: depend on team’s need
• Years of Experience: 2-3 years experience in user experience research and design; across companies or fields an advantage.
• Degrees or Certifications: Undergraduate degree in design or behavioral/social sciences (e.g. linguistics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, learning sciences); relevant postgraduate degree an advantage.
• Basic statistical analysis skills (excel, SPSS) and qualitative analysis skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Practical understanding of traditional and new research and recruitment methods, and human-centered design thinking.
• Ability to collaborate across teams to set up research and communicate the value and importance of language, messaging, and terminology in building amazing product experiences
Best vs. Average:
• Experienced Qualtrics user—prior experience setting up surveys using Qualtrics – Super plus!
• Fluent in any of these languages: German, French, or Spanish is a nice to have but not requirement.
• Interest or background in linguistics, expertise in a non-English language
The Data, Insights, and Strategy team (part of the World Ready organization) is responsible for driving a data-driven approach to content and localization decisions. We are constantly striving to improve the PayPal product experience by conducting research in the 32 languages that PayPal is currently offered in. The insights gathered from global language research enable us to deliver the right tone of voice, messaging, content, and terminology by culture and language nuances.
You are an experienced researcher who can deliver actionable and meaningful insights through a well designed research approach, skilled interviewing, setting up robust surveys, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and packaging insights to share with teams. You are passionate about research, self-driven, and need minimal supervision. Your day-to-day work may include setting up research with customers, working with data scientists to look for patterns in large behavioral data sets, and sharing findings with the product content and localization teams. It will also involve working with third-party agencies to supervise the research in non-English languages.
Compelling Story about the role/team:
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, our client is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, our client creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their accounts in 25 currencies.