- Chicago based company- Remote for now
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Wolcott
We are looking for a Traffic Manager to come in and build out an internal tool that holds the workflow for creative deliverables for the marketing department. This person will come in and be the point person for setting up this tool, making it usable for various teams and departments. Eventually this person may also be responsible for ensuring that creative services collateral and work from internal clients flows efficiently to creative teams (graphics, video, photography, communications). They will Manage project team members to ensure tasks and projects are divvied out to the needed resources. all parties updated on their progress.
- Build out and then manage and train other team members on a new (Robohead) creative project management tool that the marketing team will all use for creative asset development.
- Responsible for creating the tracking and trafficking process in the Project Management tool and ensure there is a smooth flow of project information through the tool.
- Distributes assignments to creative teams, depending on their availability and priorities; sets deadlines for various stages of a project.
- Meets with internal stakeholders to learn more about new project details and provides progress updates and communicates any issues.
- Monitors projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly on a weekly basis; identifies and assigns/reassigns the right tasks to the right personnel.
- Keeps creative leadership and stake holders up to date on project flow and any obstacles or issues with projects or personnel.
- Efficiently and effectively manages day-to-day problems and communicates effectively in difficult and time sensitive situations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of marketing project planning and processes within a creative corporate environment for daily functions.
- Strong understanding of the design process including basic knowledge of creative programs, copy and design functions
- Knowledge of administrative software, including Microsoft Access; basic working knowledge of design or development skills
- Able to multitask, organize and collaborate; juggles a wide variety of requests from clients with competing deadlines and limited resources.
- Effective time-management and problem-solving skills; exceptional attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Verbal and written communication skills to provide clear and succinct information and to internal and external partners. Interpersonal communication skills to work effectively in a team and project-based.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to provide consultation and recommendations to management.
- Ability to present inside and/or outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Three (3) + years as a traffic manager within a large corporation or advertising agency
- Experience using project management tools (i.e. Robohead, Workfront, Trello, Asana, or similar).
- Experience with excellent organizational, planning, project, and time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously, within established deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Onedrive)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a marketing capacity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.