- Boston, RI, Remote
- Job Terms:
- competitive hourly + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jamie Moshier
UX Design Producer/Scrum Master
Client mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This highly energetic, highly collaborative team is responsible for client digital transformation and all digital products, as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of this responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
As an agile practitioner within the Digital Design Operations team, you will be a servant leader supporting a growing team of user experience professionals. The Digital Design Program Coach/Producer is critical in ensuring that the design teams are able to plan and execute their day-to-day work, filling a hybrid role on the agile design team that blends the traditional responsibilities of a Scrum Master and Design Producer to satisfy the needs of the creative team members.
Leverage a deep working knowledge of design process and challenges combined with experience running scrum ceremonies to resolve conflicts and bridge gaps between design methodologies and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This role coaches from the designers’ frame of reference on the value of applying scrum and how to adapt either design or scrum approaches to retain the intended value of scrum tactics. May provide more hands-on support of design process akin to a Producer than typical Scrum Master role
A strong amount of agile and digital design knowledge is necessary, but the right candidate will approach this role with a healthy dose of flexibility and aptitude to distill best practices down to the intended value derived.
• Alone or in conjunction with the Design Program Manager (DPM) and UX Lead, organize and facilitate team ceremonies such as: grooming, planning, daily stand-up, reviews and retrospectives as well as SAFe ceremonies of Scrum of Scrums, Program Increment Planning, etc.
• Coordinate closely with the Design Program Manager to track risks, dependencies, status, and other milestones related to design work. Help keep the team’s backlog prioritized at the feature and story level based on the input and need of our product partners.
• Facilitate the creation of PI and sprint plans through participation in work intake and facilitating grooming meetings including coaching on story mapping/authoring/splitting.
• Leverage deep working knowledge of design to help define and coordinate task breakdown of and between design team roles including hands-on support in authoring and managing user stories in Rally.
• Collaborate with train lead, DPM, discipline managers, and ATO partners on broader process improvement opportunities such as rolling out new standards, templates or definitions.
• Participate in train ceremonies and represent design needs for collaboration or dependencies with other teams on the train.
• Encourages team's Agile growth by educating on and proposing adoption of best practices
• Works to uphold positive team dynamics through team working agreements and setting the tone for a safe space enabling constructive conflict
• Coordinate with SMs and POs of other teams on the ART to set up process and time for design representation in their ceremonies as needed
• Track and communicate agile metrics such as velocity and sprint progress.
• This role requires a broad blend of experience and passionate interest in product design and operations, Lean/Agile principles, process & workflow management, and team coaching.
• Experience working as/with designers, preferably within a web and mobile application development capacity.
• Familiarity with common design, front end development, and accessibility tools and processes.
• Excellent project management, communication, and systems thinking skills.
• Ability to sustain constant collaboration and partnership to iterate on processes and practices.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing UX deliverables with many moving parts from start to finish.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
• Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
• Experience in medical or other highly regulated fields.
• Knowledge or certification in SAFe is a plus.
• 3+ years of professional experience as a UX Producer, Designer, Scrum Master directly serving design, or another related role working in a scrum framework within a complex, matrixed organization.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy