- Basking Ridge, NJ
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Toler
This is a team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love. Working from a studio space, the team is assembling the brightest designers, strategists, researchers, to collaborate within teams and with partners to shape the future of the customer experience.
As a Senior Designer, you will contribute to design initiatives that impact the end-to-end customer journey, designing brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses this company's services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
You are an advanced design practitioner who grounds user-centered design solutions in product, tech, and business strategies. You are able to work independently and deliver reliably within deadlines. You are a mentor for designers in your areas of expertise on your projects and contribute more broadly to our communities of practice. You are accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner. You are comfortable thinking on your feet and handling complexity. You communicate confidently, concisely, and clearly.
You produce sound, effective design solutions, and collaborate with your team to come up with ideas and make things. You get to know your partners in product, tech, and business, and practice active listening to present rationale for the whole team’s solutions. Outside of your project, you externalize your skills and knowledge to colleagues.
- Generate multiple credible design solutions with guidance.
- Participate in divergent/convergent group work.
- Exhibit mastery of shared tools and software for design.
- Understand and apply patterns from the company design system to create a consistent user experience.
- Maintain organized working files and project directories.
- Explore, refine, and document design solutions thoroughly.
- Are attentive to detail.
- Participate in user insight gathering activities through observation and notetaking.
- Participate in analysis of observations to develop insights and user insight communications.
- Actively research competitive products, industry trends and topics.
- Effectively design solutions within the company's business context and revenue model.
- Build a working knowledge of UI standards for common platforms (iOS, Android, Web).
- Investigate and design effective UI for targeted technologies.
- Effectively prioritize work and manage time for given tasks.
- Articulate user, business, and/or technical reasoning for detailed design decisions in critiques or presentations.
- Actively participate and contribute to group dialog and activities, applying active listening and productive conversational builds.
- Clearly and concisely communicate the current project plan, goals, and expected outcomes.
- Present in meetings as representative of primary discipline(s).
- Provide mentorship in areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- A degree in design or related field of study.
- Professional portfolio of design work from pencil and whiteboard, to wireframes and prototypes (blog, Dribbble, Github, etc).
- Portfolio examples of contributions to multiple design programs or shipped products with a large user base.
- Ability to digest and translate complex technical requirements into intuitive experiences.