- Remote; Virtual (EST Hours Preferred)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience; a solid focus on Information Technology, Technical Writing, English Literature, or Writing in general with an understanding of technical information
• Proven experience working in a technical writing position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and the Google Application Suites. Familiarity with Google Shared Drives is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Skilled at prioritization, multi-tasking, and project management (their own). Will be required to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong understanding of technology and specifically IT security, but really strong writing and editing skills trump their understanding of what they are writing about. Still, some previous experience writing in and about IT and a good understanding of IT in general is preferred.
• While Prior Experience in a Technical Writing position is required, it should be noted that we will look at people who do not have this background but can establish a truly remarkable ability in writing and editing technical information.
• This position necessitates coordination between multiple groups that will have differing agendas on similar if not identical issues, products, processes, etc. This person should be able to navigate highly (corporate) politically charged environments.
Our Product Management Team employs many writers skilled in various technical fields to lead the development of documentation, including the approval process between our support groups, and the posting of documentation to our Intranet sites, along with its distribution to our field sales groups. The Security Product Management group is currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join our expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working both with engineers and non-technical people alike, to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer in the technology industry, we encourage you to submit an application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
• Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
• Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
• Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content
• Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
• Work extensively with Marketing, Legal, Sourcing, Engineering, Sales and other groups within the company to facilitate the inclusion of accurate and up to date information within the documentation being created or updated
• Learn and follow existing process to execute next steps, whatever they may be, in the documentation sign off process
• As previously noted, a Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience is required. There are no specifically required certifications.