- Houston, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Kitchen
The Program Manager is responsible for managing the successful implementation of projects across all areas of the business (e.g. Marketing, Technology, Operations, Customer Service, Finance, etc.) Candidate will possess strong strategic thinking, problem solving, communication and analytical skills and must be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and able to demonstrate excellent project management, negotiation, communication, problem-solving skills, and customer-focus. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project management requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Defines program charter and to clearly define the roles and responsibilities of individual projects across the program
• Establishes controls, governance, and standards to monitor delivery and risks
• Creates and executes the strategic roadmap to across the planned work
• Applies project management frameworks and methodologies to develop a cohesive program strategy, track execution and manage dependencies among projects in the program.
• Establishes overall schedule and budget for the program and tracks budgets, project plans scope, risks and risk mitigation plans and milestones for delivery
• Monitors multiple projects through the program cycle and mentors project teams as needed
• Manages and/or assists with the overall delivery of projects across all functions including requirements gathering and project approval, design, build/customization, integration, and testing
• Manages and/or assists with requirements and project approval, including obtaining sign-off from all business lines and overseeing change management for tracking changes, once sign-off has been completed.
• Provides regular communications on project status to executive management and project teams
• Builds strong relationships
o Internal: Establish strong contact with all business functions and act as central hub
o External: Coordinate, act as day-to-day project contact with partner teams
• Open office environment.
• Some overtime required as special projects arise.
• Minimal Travel
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 8 years project management experience managing complex enterprise level projects and multiple projects in dynamic and demanding environments with at least 3-5 managing large scale programs
• Project/strategic planning and business background with understanding of assigned areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated experience with waterfall project management
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to create and maintain executive level reporting and communications
• Experience working on technology integration projects
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form
• Ability to develop recommendations/action plans and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Root cause analysis and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to recognize the need to be hands-on and ready to roll up sleeves and dive deep when accordingly
• Ability to prioritize both routine and unpredictable work activities and identify exceptions and recommend solutions to leadership.
• Excellent personal computer skills within a Windows environment demonstrating advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with teams. Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use good judgment to make recommendations and decisions.
• Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
• Ability to comfortably navigate difficult conversations
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT!
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching! FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM