- Austin, Texas OR San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- $45-55/hour + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT's client is seeking a UX Design Operations Associate in either Austin, Texas OR San Francisco, CA. This is a great team that supports designers across the organization. Think of this team as cool, fun and supportive HR to design-related roles. They handle everything from onboarding, to design tool training, to monthly video calls & open forums. AQUENT offers a premium healthcare package, plus dental, vision and a matching 401K.
The ideal talent will have specific experience supporting designers from an operational standpoint, will be highly-organized and process-oriented.
UX Design Operations responsibilities:
As a member of the UX Operations team you will have a large impact on the growing UX team. This critical role keeps the team running with tools and software within a highly regulated
industry requiring additional documentation.
- Obtain manager approval for access to tools
- Manage Mac and related hardware including ordering, tracking and distributing
- Manage JIRA Kanban board for UX Ops activities
- Onboard and offboard team members in concert with people manager
- Keep documentation/resources up to date and relevant
- Conduct new hire onboarding live session
- Create team newsletter in concert with UX Ops Director
- Able to set timelines and schedules for their own work – basic project mgmt.
Why your work matters:
- You will work with an engaged UX team that fosters a learning environment
- You will help establish processes and forums to support digital transformation
- You will optimize designers’ day-to-day workflow increasing productivity while enhancing creativity
- You will be a design evangelist company-wide
UX Design Operations required experience:
- Experience with design operations/program management
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
- Excellent at tying up loose ends and tracking all the details
- Enjoy networking and have experience working with multiple teams, stakeholders, and disciplines across time-zones
- Strong verbal and clear written communication skills
- Experience with product design teams and process (discovery, ideation, delivery)
- Nice to Have:
- o Experience with Constant Contact, or similar email marketing software
- o Background in Training
- o Familiar with Confluence
More about this team & environment:
Our client's User Experience and Design team within Digital Services is a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, content writers, accessibility subject-matter experts and researchers. They work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users. The Digital Services team uses a design-thinking led, Agile approach to rapidly ideate, iterate and test new ideas related to specific user journeys or business opportunities.
Our work is at the heart of Schwab’s digital transformation. We partner with our product development teams to embed design thinking practices in our work – enabling continuous discovery to blend with agile development practices. To support this way of working we have recently started a dedicated UX operations team.
This team provides a broad range of support for the UX team ranging from onboarding to training around design tools and processes to establishing an internal innovation area in order
to pilot new software and design techniques.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!