- Vancouver, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
Looking for a game tester for a triple A game franchise!
• Maintaining a positive attitude while working with others, contributing to the QA teams objectives and goals.
• Identifying and reporting issues in all game areas that are concise, easy to read and contain all the relevant information; adhering to QA standards & best practices.
• Running assigned test cases, Including linking issues correctly & updating results.
• Being proactive, prioritizing tasks to ensure completion. When confused, checking with Leads to clarify priority.
• Performing smoke tests, regression, following up on NMI’s and CSI cleanup.
• Keeping Hardware/Software up to date and ready for testing.
• Monitoring email, teams channels and OneNote (Staying up to date)
• Providing active feedback on workflows, tools and processes.
• Assessing issues for bug escalation, sending out escalation emails following the proper formatting.
• Being familiar with the majority of email/report types and applicable test metrics used by QA.
• Being familiar with proper mailing lists for emails/reports and making sure that the proper people are looped in (leads for test asks, etcetera).
• Responding to development requests for testing coverage , making sure that the proper stakeholders have visibility to all requests.
• Making sure updates are always provided to testing requests.
• Assisting in QA documentation updates. (test cases, one note, etc.)
• Writing and authoring test cases for a game area or feature as needed.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be proactive
• Attention to detail
• Love of problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure/deadlines
• Self-starter, proactive attitude
• Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games and a love for breaking games and fixing bugs