- Boston MA, REMOTE
- Job Terms:
- competitive hourly + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jamie Moshier
Technical Writer- API - Health + Wellness
At client the Digital Design team creates easy, accessible, and seamless experiences for our customers on our digital healthcare, pharmacy and retail platforms. That includes an API developer portal that allows internal and external developers and engineers to easily integrate and leverage our digital tools.
This role is responsible both for creating content that allows developers to easily search and navigate the API portal and for documenting our APIs to build upon and update existing developer documentation. You understand the technical writing process, possess the technical expertise to explain complex technical concepts to a technical audience, and have superb communication and collaboration skills.
• Create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, in-platform instructions, installation/configuration instructions and system operations.
• Create client resources and educational materials, including demos, tutorials, training materials, guided tours, general & technical overview and FAQs.
• Research, write, edit and revise content that is both engaging and accessible to user personas with both non-technical and technical backgrounds.
• Publish release notes to internal and external stakeholders with information on product updates, releases and fixes.
• Edit developer-written content and documentation for consistency and continuously update content with current information.
• Maintain tracking and ticketing system to ensure deadlines are met and client deliverables and received on time.
• Test products for issues, provide insight to resolving problems and ensure documentation is accurate and consistent.
• Collaborate with internal teams, including Development, Engineering, Quality Analysis, Product Management, Product Marketing and Customer Enablement.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience in English, Communication, Journalism, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Writing, Teaching, Curriculum Development or Scientific Publication.
• 5+ years experience in technical writing
• Strong communications skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
• Ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Experience writing API specifications using OAS 3.0
• Experience using API documentation
• Experience using API gateways like Apigee, DataPower, MuleSoft etc
• Experience with CMS such as Drupal or Joomla
• Portfolio of technical writing samples
• Prior experience working within IT Development, SaaS or web-based technology environment.
• Experience with Rally, Sketch, InVision, Miro.
• Experience or exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints.
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy