- Deerfield, IL
- Job Terms:
- $45-$50 an hour + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
We are partnering with a lead retailer to bring on a Digital Design Researcher that conducts qualitative research to gather feedback before and after enhancements and new tools are launched across the brands digital and omni-channel experiences.
This is an exciting position will be focusing on a few key projects (relaunch of their loyalty program and omnichannel retail services like in-store check out to curbside pickup). Day to day responsibilities is truly more research setting up interviews with customers for online and in-store experiences. Setting up research studies, recruiting users and customers, creating discussion guides, moderating 1:1 interviews, and analyzing the data creating presentations for key stakeholders.
He or she acts as an advocate for the end-user during the website and app development process, helping to ensure that experiences are easy to use, consistent, and enjoyable. This research is an integral part of a user-centric process applied across lines of business and touchpoints.
In partnership with the user experience and product teams, the Design Researcher will lead usability testing projects and leverage other qualitative user research methods to provide insight to brands Digital design practices.
The core goals and objectives of the Design Researcher role are to:
• Coordinate and moderate usability testing across lines of business and touchpoints using a range of methods, including: 1:1 interviews, task-based usability, remote unmoderated usability, card sorting and tree testing, and surveys.
• Facilitate research debriefs and present research findings.
• Develop research deliverables including participant screening criteria, discussion guides, documentation of findings and recommendations.
• Monitor participant recruiting by 3rd party recruiting vendors.
• Translate user behaviors and research findings into clear insights and actionable recommendations, opportunities, and guiding principles.
• Contribute to identification of gaps in knowledge and resulting strategic opportunities for continued research and understanding.
• Collaborate with the user experience team as well as stakeholders and partners across lines of business to drive engagement in research activities and promote adoption of research insights.
Attributes and Qualifications
To be successful in this role, the Design Researcher should:
• Have 2-4 years of experience in a similar role and/or user-centric design environment working in partnership with designers.
• Have hands-on experience coordinating, moderating, analyzing, and documenting in-person, task-based usability testing. Experience with additional qualitative user research methods is a plus.
• Be well-versed in the digital (adaptive web, app, and kiosk) space.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about research and representing the voice of the end-user and customer.
• Have strong critical thinking, analysis, and creative problem-solving skills, with an ability to be flexible and adaptable based on changing project needs and scope.
• Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills.
• Be enthusiastic about the practice of research and consistently seize opportunities to test and learn new research methods and skills.
• Demonstrate a collaborative work style and openness to feedback and input from partners within and across disciplines.
• Be willing and able to travel and/or commute as needed for research visits and meetings on the Deerfield, IL campus and throughout the Chicagoland