- Hollywood, CA; New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
The Manager, Publicity will play a key role in strategizing, executing, and managing publicity campaigns for preschool series and developing new global franchises. They are a member of a seasoned group of professionals and can be based in the Hollywood or New York City offices.
This person will work across several different disciplines that are bringing original series to fruition. We are looking for a team member who is able to formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities, and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate is not just a publicist, but a publicist representing and understanding our brand. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic.
This Leader Will:
● Understand the animation medium and kids and family.
● Be intellectually curious about entertainment, animation and technology, and relate that knowledge to their campaigns.
● Think strategically and run with campaigns or new ideas that haven’t yet been achieved or previously attempted (and have fun with it).
● Be a bold risk taker, not afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
● Be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial.
● Thrive in an environment of freedom and responsibility, where they are able to take initiative and use sound judgement to independently make wise decisions
● They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels.
● The ideal candidate is a strong leader familiar with our culture memo and is eager to work among like-minded colleagues and embrace the company's philosophies: They have a point of view and are willing to express and support that.
● A Kids & Family entertainment expert with 7-10+ years of experience designing campaigns for multiple earned channels (traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc.)
● Experience working in kids and family a must, preschool series a plus.
● Strong media relations expertise across U.S. consumer and trade press as well as worldwide animation press with contacts in the kids, family, & parenting entertainment sections.
● Someone with a collaborative nature who can work closely with cross-functional partners to build creative, strong, and innovative campaigns.
● Experience running campaigns to ensure a high degree of collaborating with multiple internal and external publicity teams.
● Experience working closely on Consumer Products campaigns to support titles a plus.
● Experience working with teams around the world, ideally working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets around the world.
Love television and movies? With over 9 million streaming customers in 100+ different countries, our client is shaping the future of global entertainment. They are focused on bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by creating and promoting original and exclusive content.
- A self-starter
- Naturally curious
- Able to quickly adapt to change
- Always looking for new ways improve
Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Working for our client, you’ll enjoy
- A creative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Opportunities to work on industry leading projects
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks catered daily
- Commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.