- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Jan 2021
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
Come join one of the most successful OS teams in the world! We are looking for a talented UX writer with experience in mobile and UI writing, localization, and other skills listed below.
Please provide writing samples in submittal. Candidate must provide a synopsis of project scope along with sample.
As a writer on the UX team, you’ll be responsible for writing and refining a wide array of text that will appear throughout the product experience. This includes things like UI messages, onboarding flows, notifications, and error messages.
Who You Are:
- You are a stellar writer with an eagle eye and a good ear for natural-sounding prose.
- You have a portfolio of user-facing content that's crisp, concise, accessible, and friendly.
- You use empathy, reason, and data to inform content choices. You pursue a deep understanding of your products.
- Write clear and concise user-interface text for company products, and act as a subject matter expert for user experience writing.
- Work collaboratively and closely with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to define requirements; balance design and business objectives with strong focus on the user.
- Develop concepts for early-stage products, and provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
- Follow company-wide style as well as any product-specific style guides.
- Recommend and implement new strategies for communicating product-related information to our users.
- Develop, document, and maintain writing guidelines for internal stakeholders.
- Please provide writing samples in submittal. Candidate must provide a synopsis of project scope along with sample.
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, 5 years of additional relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in UX writing, technical writing, user help, copywriting, or journalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working collaboratively with designers, engineers, and product managers as part of the software development process.
- Experience creating and maintaining style guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and proactively communicate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong curiosity about users and how to anticipate their needs by understanding behaviors.
- Experience writing for mobile and UI.
- Understanding of UX design principles.
- Experience creating content for a global audience with a good knowledge of localization and accessibility best practices.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Experience collaborating closely with UX researchers and applying study findings to content to improve usability.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.