- Santa Monica, CA
- Job Terms:
- Salaried with Comprehensive Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Elizabeth Bennett
This is an exciting opportunity to support a fast-growing client who believes that reinventing the camera represents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Their products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Junior Project Manager (JPM) is responsible for successful delivery and project management of projects by managing project planning, developing timelines, and managing the successful execution of day-to-day activities on a diverse variety of projects. The JPM is responsible for translating client requests into project deliverables for print, motion, media, or related digital content.
NOTE: This role is currently remote. When COVID restrictions lift and it is deemed safe to return to offices this role will work 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on site in Santa Monica. Only candidates who can commute daily to this location will be considered.
The role works collaboratively with the Aquent Project Manager and other Aquent Studios disciplines within a client-dedicated Creative Hub, including Design, Production, and Copywriting. The JPM is a key point of contact for client teams, managing the execution of assigned project deliverables to ensure that projects are on budget, on schedule, high quality and fulfill against strategic objectives and client requirements.
The Junior Project Manager must be an excellent communicator, extremely organized, detail oriented, and an enthusiastic and proactive problem solver who works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and someone who thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project, possessing an extreme sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability to see a project through from start to finish.
This role reports to the Aquent Studios Managing Director.
- Work directly with client teams and Aquent Studios team to understand project request, gather requirements, define objectives, deliverables and delivery dates, plan resources and develop a clear and actionable project plan
- Write clear and detailed project briefs for the Aquent Studios designers/writers/creative production resources, and answer any internal and external questions
- Efficiently and effectively manage roadblocks, and communicate effectively in difficult and time sensitive situations. Understand when (and why) to escalate issues.
- Facilitate meetings as needed, and ensure the Aquent team receives clear direction for next steps
- Have an understanding of Aquent Studios and Client specific operational management systems and tools (estimating, financial tracking, time tracking, project timeline applications, asset management tools etc.) adjusting the tools and resources as required to effectively manage each project
- Deliver multiple, often concurrent projects: error free, on time or early, on or under budget, all while meeting or exceeding creative objectives and expectations
- Possess knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and ownership and management of Aquent Studios’ QA processes
- An excellent communicator with the highest level of proficiency
- Day-to-day client point-of-contact for project related tasks, proactively setting and manage client expectations on an ongoing basis throughout a project
- Build strong working relationships with internal and client team members, establishing a role as a trusted resource
- Oversee vendors/contractors as needed to ensure on time and on budget delivery of client projects
- Have a deep understanding of Client’s business and the industry in which they compete
- Contribute to internal work by supporting innovation and pursuing opportunities on behalf of Aquent Studios’ Client that go beyond the obvious or accepted minimum solution
Specific Job Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a fast-paced creative environment managing multiple creative projects simultaneously, with a proven ability to use analytical, innovative and quick-on-your-feet thinking to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Experience within a Creative Agency or inhouse creative team; working closely with Design/Creative teams, and an understanding of the different specifications and processes for print and digital design production is highly preferred
- Some Marketing and Branding experience preferred
- Experience managing design and creative processes ensuring that the team provides both high-quality and cost effective deliverables while upholding the client’s brand standards
- Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Experience working in a Digital environment
- Experience in multi-channel environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintain composure in challenging situations
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
- Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
- Excellent health and dental insurance subsidized
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), FSA's and voluntary insurance programs
- Paid weekly
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- Access to free training and continuing education
Aquent Studios provides custom-tailored consulting and outsourcing solutions. Our team of consultants, project managers, and creative professionals brings decades of experience to help our clients expand their capacity in marketing communications, content development, and creative media. Aquent Studios is a division of Aquent, which is the world’s largest marketing staffing firm. Aquent is privately held and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. www.aquentstudios.com