- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
We’re looking for a collaborative, data-driven, creative, and strategic thinker with great human and business instincts to partner across the business areas within our program. As Brand Strategy Manager, you will apply strategic, analytical, and creative thinking to solve challenging brand issues across a broad portfolio and ecosystem with the ultimate goal of fostering brand love for the brands.
The fast-growing portfolio will require you to tap into a range of branding skills such as naming, brand architecture, positioning, and messaging. As a member of the Creative, Brand and Media (CBM) team within the program, you will work closely with other areas of the CBM team such as Creative, Partnerships, and Customer Reference. In addition, you will work across the organization with teams like Product Marketing and Field Marketing.
This position is built to expand the reach and influence of the Creative, Brand, and Media organization, leveraging your brand acumen and strategic thinking to help and inspire our business partners and creative teams.
You’ll work with a range of internal stakeholders and external partners to define the strategy, develop scalable systems, criteria, and processes to support brand growth. You’re a strategic thinker, collaborative doer with a solid grasp of cloud technology space and passion for brand excellence.
- Serve as a brand champion and steward of the brands within the organization and beyond.
- Collaborate across the program to develop brand and communications strategies that bring stories to life and drive brand-led thinking across the organization from concept to execution.
- Lead insight development process to inform brand campaigns development, messaging, and creative, including conducting primary and secondary research and trends analysis to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors.
- Craft compelling product and organizational brand strategies for new and existing products and solutions starting with strong creative briefs that frame the opportunity and inspire the creative team.
- Build and refine the overarching brand strategy and branding pillars (e.g., voice, architecture, naming taxonomy) to guide marketing and communications for the company.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in consumer marketing and/or brand strategy via a branding agency or consumer/brand-driven company.
- Deep knowledge of key branding levers such as brand architecture, creative ideation, positioning, messaging, etc.
- Experience in developing original and breakthrough branding work in the technology space.
- Proven experience in building strong brands through fact-based problem solving, creative expression, and strategic thinking.
- Strong partnership and persuasion skills working across the CBM team, cross-functional partners (e.g., product marketing, industry marketing, sales, media), and external agencies-- actively contributing thinking that enhances and/or challenges key assumptions or creative ideas.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, to work as part of a fast-paced team with excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent business intuition, ability to connect the dots and understand business implications.
- Creative mindset grounded in strategic thinking and user insights.
- Ability to make sophisticated technology accessible and understandable to a wider audience.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.