- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$50/hr, DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
This role helps offload our client's developers, so they can focus on feature developments, and launch support. This person will be the primary support communication handler for requests during business hours. They will also ensure that all requests are responded to and resolved in a timely manner. Where possible, they will determine the root cause of bugs or access issues, and suggest appropriate solutions.
Handle both communications, as well as first-level technical troubleshooting, including, but not limited to:
Logging into production servers to run migrations or cleanup scripts
Review logs to determine root cause or user load paths
Execute Ruby code to troubleshoot access issues
Execute SQL queries to troubleshoot/resolve data mismatches, under the guidance of a developer
Write basic bug fixes in Ruby for obvious situations
Basic Rails application development tasks when support load is light
Track and prioritize customer requests and email queues to ensure timely resolution
Collaborate with team when necessary to handle tasks, or escalate to on-call developer
Provide updates to customers and partners on the progress of outstanding requests
Balance multiple projects and assignments, simultaneously within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
Recommend improvements to the process for managing and fulfilling requests
Self-managing capable in completing priorities, and managing details, with strong analytical and communication skills
Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)