- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
The ideal candidate brings the ability to learn different, complex subject areas, and quickly create simple, easy to follow documentation. You’re a fast learner that has a good understanding of the web developer audience. You’re comfortable working with multiple stakeholders for gathering requirements and creating content solutions. You’ll work with program managers, support engineers, and customers for creating content for new features, providing editorial support, updating existing articles, and responding to content feedback. Maintaining style and voice guidelines and keeping a broad view of the entire content portfolio is essential. We expect that you will not just respond to content requests, but also identify implied content needs and make suggestions/changes accordingly.
• Excellent technical writing, time management, and problem solving skills
• 2+ years experience writing technical content for the developer audience in U.S. English
• 2+ years project management experience delivering complex content, or managing multiple projects across multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently
• Intermediate knowledge of GitHub, and GitHub flavored Markdown.
• Passion for creating easy to understand developer content.
• A portfolio of examples that demonstrate your experience.
Desired skills that would make the candidate stand out
• Previous experience as an editor.
• Previous instructional design experience.
• Previous experience with the brands style, tone and voice used in technical documentation.
• Experience with any of the following: Edge and/or Google Chrome Developer Tools, web developer test automation tools, Progressive Web Apps, hybrid/desktop web apps (e.g. Electron or Chromium Embedded Framework), or browser based extensions.
• Experience creating content for developer APIs or SDKs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science or related field
• Experience using markdown for content creation
• Proficient in GitHub and Azure DevOps
• History of contributions to open source projects or documentation (e.g. MDN Web Docs)
• Experience developing clear and compelling diagrams and other visual content
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.