- San Diego Market - Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tamira Imondi
We are hiring a freelance Sr. Digital Art Director our national Pet Retail brand in San Diego. This will be a remote based role for now. The ideal talent will have a strong web UX/UI Design background, top of the line experience in Adobe XD as well some familarity with Front end development. This position will support the site that can help inform the strategy for the development of site pages/microsite for our membership program.
Digital Art Director
This position sits on the Petco Creative team and is responsible for leading the creation of all digital assets, including landing pages, banners, email, social media, and digital paid media. Ideally, this is someone who has “grown up” as a visual designer for digital and who also has a deep understanding of UX design. While hands-on UX design experience isn’t required, this person must understand the strategy component in order to produce effective creative and be able to collaborate successfully with a team of UX designers.
- 10+ years of experience in visual design for digital; hands-on UX design experience is a plus but not required.
- Lead a team of graphic designers who are solely focused on digital design.
- Help the team create pixel-perfect digital assets that meet the technical requirements of digital design, while using all brand elements—typography, layout, color, iconography, illustrations and photography.
- Develop responsive, high-performing creative assets that are rooted in e-commerce best practices and that enhance customer engagement and experience.
- Work closely with the eCommerce team to deliver on their daily creative briefs while collaborating with them on larger, more complex initiatives
- Be able to articulate and execute a new brand that’s still evolving, ensuring that all assets adhere to the visual style and branding guidelines.
- Work successfully with a cross-functional team, including the director of eCommerce, UX designers, and the Integrated Marketing team.
- Lead daily internal creative reviews.
- Participate in departmental team status and provide direction and insights for assigned projects.
- Partner with creative project management to maintain deadlines and reduce issues.
- Experience in retail marketing or digital brand experience is a must
- High proficient in Adobe XD
Must have an online portfolio to be considered
Remote non local talent okay