- New York, NY (Chelsea)
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are focused and enthusiastic – with the analytical understanding that by taking a complicated problem you are able to transform it into a creative force.
Possessing a real passion for interaction design, you have a talent for evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly.
You will contribute to the teams that conduct product research, strategy, information architecture and interaction design to create experiences that engage people. You will make impact at many potential touch points such as a digital health care ecosystem, mobile, software application or electronics device. You will create elegant solutions that answer business requirements, and the emotional desires of customers and patients.
You are a self-starter and an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality. You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- You are responsible for the effective design and specification of user flows, prototypes, high-fidelity user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques
- You contribute to large-scale, complex and in-depth initiatives
- Collaborate with external strategic partners and partner with other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers with various J&J and external partners to help create cohesive experiences.
- You will apply best practices across touchpoints to ensure that design specifications are implemented within set timelines and budgets
- You will be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions
Please be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required; Master’s is preferred
- 7 - 9 years of UX for digital products, including web and mobile
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to mobileand digital-based applications with a product team design team is required
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD and Sketch with a willingness to explore new tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet tools, including Web browsers, project management systems. Adobe Suite
- Delivers excellent design to multiple projects or programs; achieves team targets and individual goals through successful executions of defined objectives.
- Persistent and diligent attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong visual, written and verbal communications skills to execute project briefs is required.
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.