- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shawn Sharp
Our client is seeking a highly creative and motivated Senior Rigger. In this position, you will be responsible for carrying through the artistic vision of the project and applying your experience directly to rigging game assets that are vital to the team and for the game animation systems.
• Work closely with the Rigging Lead to create rigs that conform to the technical guidelines of the target platform and engine.
• Follow direction from the Rigging Lead, as well as Character and Animation Leads, and seek feedback from peers and Rigging Lead when needed.
• Participate in meetings as part of effective communication with the team.
• Provide unique solutions to improve the creative and animation process in a collaborative environment.
• Be a positive and creative force in the team.
• Capably and consistently meet project deadlines and milestones set by project leads.
• Mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production rigging.
• 5+ years as professional rigger or equivalent experience
• Minimum of at least one current console generation title as a Rigger
• Proficient with standard industry tools like Maya and MotionBuilder, with a high capacity to learn new tools and processes
• Passion for the industry and an understanding of industry trends and technologies
• Understanding of the game development process
• Have a proactive work ethic; capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges
• MEL or Python scripting knowledge is a plus
• Use of Unreal Engine 4 is a plus