- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
The main function of marketing manager is to run marketing activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans and managing marketing staff.
• Accomplishes marketing human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieves marketing operational objectives by contributing marketing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Meets marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
• Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or journalism.