- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
The UX team drives innovative experiences for users around the world. We leverage close partnerships with Engineering, Product, Hardware, and Marketing to bring beautiful and intuitive user interactions on devices. Team members have the pride and fulfillment of seeing their work directly represented in company products.
In this role, you will be focused on developing, driving, and/or supporting a range of programs. You’ll combine expert program management skills with a passion for user experience. This is a unique role where you will have the opportunity to be a champion for UX by driving programs that impact the global company UX organization, and in some cases the greater UX community. Our team focuses on a wide range of programs from thinking about how to foster healthy cross-functional partnerships to enhancing internal cohesion via best practices, to working externally with partners, educators, and industry leaders.
As a UX Program Manager, you are comfortable diving in, shaping and driving programs to tackle ambiguous problems spaces. Partnering with UX, PM, and Engineering, you foster an environment for open collaboration and develop plans that will guide a team to achieve a shared vision. You will also manage all project-related communications and reporting to team members, leaders, and other stakeholders.
This job requires you to be an expert juggler, a master planner, and a flexible project manager who can balance multiple unrelated projects that can often span both quarters and continents.
- BA/BS in any field or at least 4 years equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years experience managing interactive, design, or creative projects.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems.
- Working knowledge of project management software.
- Proficient with spreadsheets or similar and Google Docs.
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design process and product development process.
- Thrives when challenged with vague/undefined program/project scope and is scrappy, creative, and strategic when proposing solutions for both strategic programs and operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience and accomplishments.
- Experience with influencing and leading organizational change to implement a process.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of project management software, spreadsheet applications and Google Docs.
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced, changing environment.
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Quick learner
- Understands the role of culture in the success of an organization
- Rapid Synthesis - e.g., crystalize salient points from rambling discussions
- Great Communication Skills, including killer notes, info dissemination, writing, meeting/project facilitation, and reporting (team, external, managing up).
- Solid project management skills, including knowledge-based prioritization, scoping, resourcing, planning, time management, building/applying structure, managing ambiguity, risk identification and solution development.
- Cross-functional knowledge and communication
- Champion UX and UX teams
- Effective engagement w/external agencies and 3rd parties - schedule, reviews, deliverables, budget
- Experience operating in large scale corporate environments as well as design agencies.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.