- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
About This Role: In a fast-moving and increasingly complex global economy, our client’s success depends on how faithfully they adhere to core principles: deliver exceptional client service; act with integrity; and support the growth of employees across all diversities, men and women of color, military and vets, LGBT. With this motto in mind, we invite you to join the Team on this 3 month plus freelance assignment in the NYC / NJ area, 401k provided, healthcare benefits (dental, health, vision). Remote to start until client has the all clear to return on-site
We're looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our clients team for an amazing opportunity
As a Sr. Product Designer, you will leverage your deep understanding of experience design for digital products. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form our client and advisor experiences. This is a hands-on designer role, where you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes researchers, content writers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative financial digital products and services of all kinds, including trading and advice platforms. In this role, you will design complex enterprise applications to support our strategic initiatives.
You will be working in a fast paced environment alongside our design systems, graphics, architecture, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences through effective artifacts (from Customer Journeys & Ecosystem maps to participatory design prototypes & wireframes).
In addition to primary project work, you'll contribute to design systems such as our pattern library, visual design library, and motion library, as well as mentor others on the team. You’ll hone your communication skills by presenting your work to diverse stakeholders and the broader technology organization.
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in a professional capacity as User Experience Designer working on complex enterprise applications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong understanding of complex data systems and multi-step flow processes
- Understanding of visual perception and cognition in creating interaction rich applications, sites, and mobile experiences
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing depth of experience with information, interaction, motion and visual design; its impact on human behavior
- Proven experience designing for complex, innovative, enterprise experiences
- Ability to explain designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
- Understanding of methods and techniques to ensure the team is solving the right problem
- Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product design & development
- Detail-oriented with an appreciation for the value of strong visual aesthetics across everything you create
- Must be able to translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s
- Exceptional skills with standard UX software such as Sketch & Invision and/or Figma
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Paid Sick Leave for all US and Canada talent
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)