- Job Terms:
- Hourly Rate
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
A global footwear and apparel sportswear brand located in Beaverton, OR is looking for a Senior Designer to work a contract role for a year or so.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established brand in a new business incubator tearm. We’re a fast-moving entrepreneurial team currently exploring the edges of possibility! We move with speed and purpose, taking calculated risks and failing fast – all with one goal in mind: serving consumers in new and unimagined ways.
On this team, Designers are thoughtful problem solvers and visual storytellers that bring ideas to life through graphic and presentation design. They have an outstanding foundation in the craft of design and a growing knowledge of design systems. Our Designers extend the brand’s visual language and are always mindful of both how something looks and how it works. To be a Designer is to always be curious, seeking to collaborate with team members across functions to better understand and achieve user and business goals.
About the role
We’re looking for a skilled designer that brings brands and stories to life across digital and print mediums. The job involves working collaboratively with internal teams, creative problem solving, and executing a diverse set of creative services. You must enjoy the thrill of an innovative, entrepreneurial environment that requires the ability to lead and self-manage projects and priorities – all while delivering thoughtful, human-centered design work. An obsession for the latest and greatest design and technology trends and news will help.
What you'll do
• Manage the development and evolution of the brand’s digital experiences, with a focus on great UX and front-end visual design
• Design a diverse set of digital and print communications
• Develop resources, guidelines and templates that empower the team to create moving and thoughtful brand expressions
• Collaborate and ideate with multidisciplinary team including copywriters, marketing managers, developers, and business leaders to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
What you'll bring
• 6+ years of agency, in-house or start-up design experience
• Proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including trends, color, typography and layout
• Advanced presentation and information design skills
• Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Expertise in Sketch or Figma
• Experience managing large projects; ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
• Expertise in digital marketing (campaign, email, landing page, etc.) best practices
• Self-motivation, are able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
• Strong collaborative skillset
• Strong design perspective, humble attitude and fascination with innovation and technology
• Experience working with motion graphics
• Experience working with technology companies
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.