- Cupertino, CA; Remote
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$65/hr
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
For our client's Special Projects Group’s Learning & Development team, we seek an experienced Technical Writer who has a passion for crafting well-structured, succinct,clear, and accurate messaging. We want you to help showcase the value of documentation, empowering each reader with mission-critical knowledge and skills that
will fuel our client's Research and Development organization. Your technical writing expertise, vision for what great documentation looks like, and passion to boil details down to the ground truth will support this key vertical.
• Minimum of 3-5 years technical writing and copy editing experience
• Demonstrated ability to succinctly write well-crafted, easy-to-consume documentation
• Expert Confluence user (create templates and workflows; apply metadata)
• Excellent communication skills and writing capabilities
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Strong knowledge of the Mac/iOS platforms, Pages
Desirable Soft Skills:
• Interpersonal skills
• Capability to multi-task
• Team player
• Openness to seek and receive feedback for self-improvement
• Driven to excel
• Listening skills
• Business acumen
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical writing skills, be comfortable with
interacting with people, be highly organized, and be able to deliver high-quality written
deliverables on time. Attention to detail comes naturally to this person who will ensure
all content provides clarity and accuracy, conveys the proper voice, and aligns with our
internal style guide. The selected person will recognize the value of relationships,
develop and nurture his or her own relationships with a broad spectrum of people from
across the organization and be able to successfully influence others when needed.
This ideal candidate will apply his or her in-depth knowledge of and experience working
in Confluence to create and update templates including assigning permissions and
labels, applying workflows, and more.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• Advanced degree or certification in Technical Writing preferred.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)