- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
Aquent's client is hiring a new Tech Writer to their team for content management and creation. You're a problem solver with excellent people skills who'll write easy-to-understand user content.
Develops, writes, edits, and formats materials such as Standard Operating Procedures, forms, checklists, technical manuals, installation guides, related technical and business process documentation, and other user assistance to help our customers, the internal employees, use a variety of business applications.
You're a great match if you're self-directed, passionate about technology, produce high-quality documentation, and understand how your work contributes to the overall success of the product. You'll work with teams that are primarily in the Pacific Northwest (Washington/Oregon) and focus on Identity Access Management and Governance. You'll use innovative technical communication tools and Agile methodologies to deliver the best work of your career!
- Content Management:
- Drive organization of content of assigned Wiki sites or similar platforms and sub-sites inclusive of design and layout
- Ensure navigation within site and from site to site is streamlined, discoverable and efficient
- Improve onboarding experience by working ensure new users find information quickly and easily. Ensure the content is digestible.
- Work with site users / customers to optimize discoverability of most relevant content
- Content Creation and Other Tasks:
- Write or help write, edit, update and maintain content (site content, posts, presentations, project overviews, white papers, etc.)
- Ensure consistency of content across communication tools including GSuite, Confluence Internal Wikis, Quip and One Note
- Help establish best practices for content management and champion adoption of these practices
- Drive internal publishing of content to the correct vehicles / tools
- Organize and maintain document repository. Consolidate old repository structures, evangelize the update and intended uses, and maintain the new structure as needed
- Create and maintain document templates and internal writing guides and standards
- Gsuite/ MS office suite expertise
- Previous technical writing experience
- Document version control experience
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- 1-2 years experience