- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
SENIOR EXPERIENCE/PRODUCT DESIGNER
The Experience Designer is…
Human-centered - The Experience Designer puts people at the center of everything they do, always seeking to deeply understand and empathize with them in the entire context of their lives. The designer advocates for the user’s needs with peers, facilitates user research on a regular basis, and continuously delivers based on evidence-backed insights in order to ensure products and services fit the user need.
Strategic - The Experience Designer strives for experiences that are desirable for members, viable for the business, and operationally and technically feasible. They look to best practices and methods in order to uncover real member needs and to synthesize insights from research and data. They understand and practice the design processes across the product lifecycle. Additionally, the designer develops a full-stack skillset, ensuring that the visual interaction design complements the user research findings.
Collaborative - The Experience Designer is a humble and generous contributor to a cross-functional team. They recognize and respect the deep expertise of others, helping the team move forward. The designer participates in the team’s rituals, facilitates user research activities, and serves as part of a design pair. They are a fast learner and are willing to adapt to the product design needs and processes.
A Storyteller - The Experience Designer is a communicator and presents research to colleagues and stakeholders. They are able to thoughtfully discuss and justify design decisions, give honest effective feedback to others, and leverage their communication techniques.
The Experience Designer is an individual contributor, who works within a cross-functional team to create and drive the delivery of both virtual and in-person experiences that are impactful for our members and measurable for the business.
- Facilitate the design process over the course of a product lifecycle, working effectively as part of a design pair and advocating for the user’s perspective.
- Within a design pair, develop the assets necessary for product success, which include, but are not limited to, the following: research discussion guides, screeners, research insights, remote tests, and the resulting research reports.
- Develop the design assets that include, but are not limited to, the following: customer journeys, user flows, sitemaps, research plans, paper prototypes, sketches, wireframes, visual designs, clickthrough prototypes
- Advocate for the user based on user research insights, product ambition, value proposition, and technical feasibility.
- Uncover user needs in order to craft how users will interact with our products / services.
- Co-create with both XC team members and our internal stakeholders to understand user and business needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful experiences.
- Be a great storyteller by preparing product demos and engaging stakeholders with design decisions.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the design discipline.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to make healthcare better for our members, transform the future of care today, while working to build and deliver technology.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve design to integrate it into a more agile and efficient process.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our members enroll, seek, and establish care.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to support and teach fellow designers through design pairing, design critiques, and general ways of working.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a full understanding of the end-to-end design process.
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision. Ability to learn new software quickly a plus.
- Experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, Service Design, UI / UX Design, and Product Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Ability to create design assets (e.g., customer journeys, flows, wireframes, visual designs, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- HTML / CSS / JS skills are a plus.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- 3 – 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s design degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated experience working in UX, Visual Design, or IA within multiple cross-discipline teams (both technology and design)