- Los Angeles, California 90071 (remote to start)
- Job Terms:
- $55-63/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a Senior Financial Writer in DTLA. The writer will be working on retirement plan thought leadership for an audience of 401k plan sponsors and financial advisors who work with plan sponsors on 401k matters. The writer will be working on white papers, emails, social posts, presentations and web articles.
***Please submit 3 writing samples that demonstrate range of expertise.***
The Senior Writer will create investment and advisory practice content for retirement plan market, in the form of long-form articles, presentations, emails, social media and paid promotions.
This role requires:
- Experience in digital content strategies such as blast emails, landing pages, paid and organic social, A/B testing, audience segmentation, and SEO strongly preferred.
- Expertise in retirement plan topics such as target date, advisor practice management, and fiduciary regulation desired.
- Role blends creative positioning / risk taking with diligent management of data sources and legal/compliance review.
The Senior Writer works independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direct supervision of more senior team members on complex projects, analyses, and tasks. Updates content of existing print, email, presentation, or web communication materials with new information to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes. Writes original content by conducting necessary research and ensuring content aligns with the business goals and communicates the desired message. Executes core content that may be leveraged through print and digital channels.
- -Revises and repurposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes. Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Recommends revisions to communications to ensure alignment with organizational tone and current industry practice.
- -Develops original content. Collaborates with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives, and themes for content. Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to successfully complete writing assignments. Utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library. May conduct interviews with senior business leaders and investment professionals.
- -Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, reports on markets and portfolios, articles, and topical pieces for various audiences. Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines.
- -Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization. May synthesize input from sources with diverse perspectives to create content representative of collective contributors; may provide rationale for content decisions to senior team members.
- -Liaises with other business groups. Collaborates with Marketing and other business groups on larger campaigns or initiatives to ensure alignment with project objectives. May serve as creative lead on development and distribution of broad communication efforts to update, educate and provide direction to regionally-specific associate populations.
- -Manages writing projects. Collaborates with others to guide process and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Ensures changes in content and schedules are communicated to the appropriate associates within the project work group and any other relevant areas. Acts as the primary contact for a project’s reviewers during circulations. May collaborate with the Designer to develop layout and concepts.
- -Keeps abreast of company, industry and regulatory changes, and internal initiatives
- -Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- -Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- -Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- -Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- -Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of multiple content channels
- -Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of financial and investment concepts
- -Requires at least 5 years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment