- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Feb 2021
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent's client, a newcomer in the financial services world is seeking a Sr. Design Researcher to join a growing experience deisgn research team. This is an amazing opporutnity to lend your Generative Design Research skills and entrepreneuial mindset to be a foundational member of this growing team. This role will support strategic research projects across the teams, including Public Sites and Digital Commerce; additionally, you'll have an opportunity to partner with the company's Service Design Team as needed to support Design Research projects for Journey Rooms.
Location: This role will start out as work-from-home, but seeking candidates who are open to eventual relocation to Charlotte, NC.
Prefering candidates with mixed-methods experience, including strong qualitative / gerative / early stage UX Research expertise and the ability to plan for the best methods per project. This role will require an incredible amount of autonomy and the person in it will need to be comfortable and excited to take on a great deal of ambiguity.
Methods include: moderated and unmoderated usability studies, card sorts, tree tests, in-depth interviews, heuristic analysis, contextual inquiry, focus groups, surveys, and others.
What you’ll do:
● Design and conduct research on various digital banking projects ranging from exploratory research to concept validation.
● Collaborate effectively with UX / UI and Service Designers within the Design team to deliver formative and summative research in cadence with the team’s design process.
● Work on cross-functional product teams, partnering closely with designers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders.
● Generate insights that influence product strategy, feature design, and prioritization.
● Inspire stakeholders with creative and compelling presentation of your findings and insights.
What you’ll bring:
● 3-5+ years of relevant professional Design Research experience.
● Experience using research to drive a team forward in their design and product strategy
● Ability to create strong working relationships with cross-functional partners
● Confident in ability to manage and navigate ambiguity independently (consultative approach to reserach)
● Command over a wide range of Qualitative user research methods.
● Excels in building rapport with research participants.
● Strong skills in effectively eliciting insights, observations, and commentary from participants without leading or injecting bias.
● Strong experience analyzing, synthesizing and delivering/presenting research.
● Advanced degree (preferred) in Psychology, Sociology, HCI, Human Factors, User Experience or other related research field in the social sciences.