- Redmond, WA (Remote possible)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
With the news of COVID19, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
We are looking for a thoughtful, talented interaction designer to join a team focused on helping to spark creativity & collaboration wherever problems are being solved.
What are we up to?
We are building a rich collaboration canvas for enterprises and education customers to create, collaborate, communicate and teach. This product is a part of a larger suite of products and is accessible inside multiple devices and platforms!
Who we're looking for:
• You are passionate about creating beautiful, crafted, meaningful interfaces and interactions with clarity and precision. You understand the critical role that interaction design plays as part of user experience. You think about the big picture, cross-device and cross-platform scenarios, and most importantly, the user from concept to execution.
• You have a strong grounding in a user centered design process and leverage research insights to identify important user needs, explore and iterate to define possible solutions to those problems and then validate your designs with users.
• You collaborate well with team members across multiple disciplines from Design, Engineering, and Business to understand the opportunities and right problems to solve for, and then find elegant, practical solutions. You have a pixel-perfect attention to detail in your process and the implementation of your work in the finished product. Your dedication to craftsmanship in product is of the highest order.
• You’re a clear and articulate communicator. You’re deliberate about your design approach, and you rely on feedback from the team and users to iterate. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’re ready to take ownership of the design of a complex, growing product. You show great empathy for your audience.
• Your main consideration is the overall product experience. Everything you do will be to improve the lives of our users.
What you'll do:
• Work with the design team and product managers to define what we should build.
• Create interactive mockups and lightweight prototypes to communicate and validate design decisions.
• Participate in the design, observation, and analysis of user research.
• Work closely with engineers to ensure the design in implemented effectively and iterate in code to refine the design and respond to user feedback
You should have:
• A current online portfolio. Please provide a link in your application.
• At least 5 years of experience designing and shipping software.
• Fluency with designing phone & larger screen experiences. Most of our users cross between multiple devices.
• A degree in Interaction Design, HCI or equivalent experience
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.