- Addison, TX
- Job Terms:
- $25 an hour + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
We are working with a leading retailer and they are looking to bring on a Proofreader for a year long project. This position is remote through the end of the year but will be an onsite position once it is safe to do so based in Addison.
• Experience primarily as a proofreader and not as a writer or an editor.
• Experience proofing various types of documents, e.g., books, webpages, fliers, emails, magazines, posters, educational materials.
• High school education plus 9 hours of college English; Bachelor's degree in English preferred.
• Exceptional knowledge of English grammar.
• Exceptional proofreading skills.
• Detail-oriented in order to proof large volumes of printed/online materials within time constraints.
• Very good PC skills, including Microsoft Word, in order to edit and annotate word documents, navigate data bases, create and update various word documents, time logs, etc.
• Prefer three or more years’ experience in a work environment (not just proofing friends’ papers in college).
• Strongly prefer experience using Workfront and ProofHQ.
• Prefer familiarity with AP Stylebook.
Things to know:
• Dress code – Once we return to the building and the building is open to visitors, there will be a dress code:
o Women: professional attire (dresses, skirts/blouses, pantsuits, dress slacks and blouses with jackets or cardigans, dress shoes (heels not required))
o Men: dress slacks, dress shirts (no polo shirts), dress shoes.
• Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
While we are currently working remotely, we will eventually return to the building to work full time. Please consider the commute during rush hour in the metroplex and the fact that during the winter months you could be driving in the dark unless you live very close to the building.
Our Client is an iconic brand that empowers women while changing the world of business. As the sixth largest network marketing company in the world, the company is a best-selling brand of facial skin care and color cosmetics.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
Weekly Direct Deposit
Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM