- Austin, Texas
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katy Vincent
Aquent is recruiting for a Sr. UX Designer with Visual Design experience to support an integration full of complex interactions and experiences with our Fortune 100 Financial Services client.
- Remote to start but we're looking for talent local to Austin or open to relocation.
- 12 month assignment with potential to extend and/or convert, 40 hours/week.
- Contract opportunities through Aquent offer best in class benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K, FSA and more.
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. Works within a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. Works with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for users. Business is driven by looking through users' eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
You'll also be responsible for delivering wire frames, user interaction models, user testing strategy and best practices information. Deliverables change on a project-by-project basis, but may also include elements such as site maps, task analysis, mapping to personas, site maps, user / system flows, workflow analysis, storyboards, content mapping, paper or interactive prototypes, SEO recommendations, and usability testing.
The team is responsible for:
- Design Consulting
- Design Management
- Design Expertise and Execution
- Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Empathy & Curiosity
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business.
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
What you have:
- 6 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
- 4 + years of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners
- Capable of creating and managing your design project schedules
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic. Ideally experienced in Agile methodology.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!