- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
We are seeking a professional Instructional Designer to enhance the learning content delivered to our engineering community by internal subject matter experts. The goal is to improve the flow, delivery approach, and refine the message to facilitate acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner. This will include primarily instructor led content, as well as some e-learning content.
- Work with highly technical internal subject matter experts to build and/or refine content
- Assess instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- Create exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology, 5+ years
- Passion for learning/knowledge and developing others through train the trainer sessions and other approaches
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Experience with highly technical content (software engineering)
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge of course development software and producing content for an LMS in SCORM and xAPI formats
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Possess interdisciplinary knowledge, cross-cultural competency, as well as commitment and passion for learning and technology.
- Conduct thorough research, boast good analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information from various sources.
- Effectively communicate both visually and verbally, be a good listener and create measurable objectives, based on the audience’s needs.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar or equivalent experience
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, this client has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our client's award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
They are expanding their social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, their entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market. The breadth and depth of customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.