- San Diego, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chloe Carter-Hernandez
We are looking for a customer-obsessed Sr. Design Program Manager to partner closely with the Virtual Expert Platform design team, a group of passionate product designers who are chartered with ideating world-class payment experiences to power prosperity for small businesses across the globe. You can bring all the critical pieces together – strategy, business goals, design, execution, technology, and customer needs – to produce amazing experiences for multiple platforms
- Works closely with Design Director and leads as a strategic and critical success partner.
- Provide creative oxygen by empowering the design team to maximize its productivity; manage its design requirements/initiatives and operational needs. You identify and solve for team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Lead the Experience Design (XD) team in process and prioritization to align the delivery of high-quality design work to the company’s business objectives.
- Build strong relationships and act as a bridge between the XD team and the Development and Product Management teams, connecting all groups and making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively. You are also a critical point of contact for key business partners, other leaders and outside agencies.
- Partner with XD leads to define key product life cycle decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes. You define and establish timelines and tasks to manage large and small projects through all phases of implementation.
- Drive engagement of the team through team culture, design inspiration and passion for our customers.
- Will join and lead a 2 person Design Ops team within the Payments team. Success for this team will be demonstrated with a strong team dynamic across this partnership with clear definitions of ownership as well as shared goals.
- Lead or contribute to higher level design ops initiatives to help create a stronger more unified XD org across all of the Self-Employed Group.
- A stellar attitude, zest for design and a passion to help bring great customers experience to market!
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Min 5+ years of production/project management/program management experience within Design
- Deep experience working with creative/design teams, understanding how to integrate process with creative minds and demonstrates influence with cross-functional partners.
- Proven track record of delivery and execution of medium to large scale programs
- Strong experience with Agile development and methodologies and related software and tools to keep organized
- Thorough understanding of the creative development processes and product development life cycle.
- Brings order to complex programs and is able to scope and prioritize projects, identify risks and dependencies, define schedules, and work independently
- Confidently manages ambiguity with a track record of creative problem solving that demonstrates flexibility.
- A driving passion for creating products that resonates on an emotional level with customers
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, this client has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our client's award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
They are expanding their social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, their entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market. The breadth and depth of customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.