- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
The candidate must have strong experience with identifying relevant customer, cultural, and commercial insights and be able to translate these insights into compelling design solutions for consumer electronic products. This position requires excellent design, communication, and organization skills as well as the ability to work across teams. Candidate will also be expected to take a product idea from concept to production and will quickly broaden technical understanding as new technologies become available.
This Industrial Designer will help set the pace for design within the studio, lifting up junior designers to be better creators through your example and working closely with team members, researchers, and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Strong communication and collaborations skills are required. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about making a real impact on the future of consumer electronics.
- A minimum of 4-7 years of work experience in product development
- Consulting agency experience is a plus
- Excellent designer in form giving, sketching, 3D modeling, color, material and finish
- Intrinsic passion for seamless hardware/software experiences
- Skilled in one or more 3D CAD applications (SolidWorks, Creo, Rhino, Alias)
- Skilled with rendering software (Keyshot, Octane, Redshift or similar)
- Proficient in 2D design, graphics, and Adobe Suite
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in product design, versatility with rapid prototyping tools and methods, and a strong understanding of design and creative process is required.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or product design or similar field is required
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.