- Seattle, WA; Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
This is a centralized Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP) that provides enterprise-wide meeting and event resources and services to streamline and elevate the customer experience. We are seeking an Event Technical Program Manager to take ownership of virtual event technology program, and provide strategic and operational planning of our event technology capabilities and services. This role will be responsible for implementation and integrations of virtual event tools; security and technical reviews; and basic administration, trouble-shooting and performance of these systems. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of internal and external system requirements; and experienced with virtual event hosting platforms, webinars, and common meeting management tools and integrations.
A function of this role will be to work directly with internal stakeholders to provide consultation on event technology software, features and requirements; as well as technical project management for key virtual, hybrid and in-person events. This includes: scoping, assessments; technology integrations, security reviews, budget and timeline management, vendor/supplier management, trouble-shooting, and supporting the event build.
Strong collaboration and relationship skills are critical to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders such as: IT, Security and Procurement; event production and planning teams; customers; technology software vendors and agencies. As a key member of the team, you will also collaborate with other teams across the business unit to develop and implement special projects and key initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluation, onboarding, deployment and overall management of event technologies and solutions.
- Works with Security and IT teams to perform security and technical reviews of new platforms; streamlines the formal testing and review process for new event platforms, features and releases.
- Leads administration and management of our Virtual Event platforms and tools.
- Provides technical project management for virtual, hybrid and in-person events as assigned.
- Responds to internal stakeholder issues and troubleshoots overall system performance.
- Cross-collaborates with key stakeholders to troubleshoot across internal systems and other platforms such as Travel/Concur, Cvent, etc.
- Owns, builds and manages preferred vendor/supplier relationships and conducts supplier reviews as they relate to technical solutions and virtual events.
- Partners with team members to develop training tools, process documents and Playbooks.
- Creates and utilizes tools to drive process efficiencies, automation and standardization.
- Participates in strategic planning sessions, business reviews, stakeholder outreach programs, and team meetings.
- Defines and develops Metrics, Reports and Dashboards to measure performance and success of vendors, individual events and the program.
- Develops and delivers required business documentation, white papers, presentations, roadmaps and reports
- Continually researches new products and market trends to drive ongoing technology optimization and enhancements for the program.
- Partners with cross-team members to develop and implement key initiatives such as, online Travel Fairs and Sustainability programs.
- Program Management skills to successfully develop, implement and manage program goals and initiatives
- Experience managing projects of varying complexity; time management, budget management and project management are critical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Team oriented, results driven, customer obsessed
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong consultative, influencing, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to take calculated risk based on business intelligence.
- Ability to successfully build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Strength in developing and driving sustainable processes and improvements
- Ability to set priorities and work in a fast paced, multi-project environment
- 3-5 years of experience working with virtual event platforms and Webinar applications (i.e. GoToWebinar, Adobe Connect, Intrado, Splashthat)
- 3-5 years of experience working with meeting management and event registration tools (including Cvent), integrations, API’s, and mobile applications
- 3 years of demonstrated program and project management experience required, managing complex projects across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated working knowledge of virtual event components from the user experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification or experience required
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce.com) and other Marketing Automation systems (Eloqua, Marketo) is strongly desired
- Knowledge of interactive event technology innovations such as; Virtual/Augmented Reality and 3-D is desirable
- Travel/Events industry experience with data analytics and reporting desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a reputable institution
- PM certification highly valued
Special Working Conditions
- Seattle highly preferred or Remote Location may be considered, Travel may be required up to 30%
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.