- Vancouver, BC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Deanne Gilman
We are looking for a Level Designer with extensive experience on 1st/3rd person shooter games. Duties include creating interesting and dynamic levels & encounters, being an evangelist for level design and participating in level design meetings. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and ability to create a vision for levels and help drive them to completion. Applicants must also be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
• Contribute to the overall gameplay execution in the assigned levels and be able to work collaboratively with art, animation, audio, engineering, and design to create memorable experiences.
• Collaborate effectively and take the initiative to bring parties together to execute on the vision for the levels.
• Prototype, conceptualize, build, script, and tune levels for the game.
• Invent and integrate events and gameplay mechanics, with a focus on creating memorable experiences that will delight our consumers.
• Help finalize the game mechanics by white-boxing and prototyping environments in which those mechanics will be used.
• Share your creativity, knowledge and best practices with other level designers.
• Must have 3+ years of experience in video games.
• Extensive hands on experience developing single-player levels. Prior work with the Unreal editor is highly desirable.
• Ability to create visual assets (ie. models, textures etc.) in addition to being proficient with scripting in Kismet.
• Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
• Must be a student and fan of the industry and be able to talk intelligently about top franchises in the 1st/3rd person genre.
• Works well under deadlines and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
***Please include a link to your portfolio that best demonstrates your range in design.***