- Washington, DC - Metro accessible (ON-SITE)
- Job Terms:
- DOE + subsidized benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cynthia Escalante
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
This position is located within the Integrated Planning and Implementation [IPI] division in the Marketing Office and reports to the division director. As the intake portal for Marketing, the IPI division is responsible for managing a collaborative process for the evaluation, integrated planning, and cross-functional implementation of a wide range of projects that advance the priorities of internal partners, Marketing, and the institution more broadly.
The candidate will manage projects in the Marketing Office in support of diverse Museum offices and initiatives including development, education, exhibitions, collections, and academic research. As a key point of contact in the Marketing Office, the candidate will also assist with integration between Marketing and other offices.
● Part of IPI team responsible for receiving and responding to new project requests for Marketing support; assists in translating project pipeline into a prioritized backlog reflective of Marketing priorities (intake process)
● Gathers information on assigned projects and creates a project schedule based on information provided by the project lead; helps project owners hone audience and goals
● Coordinates projects from start to finish, identifying project deliverables, developing schedules, ensuring the delivery of high-quality
● Monitors and maintains milestone dates throughout the life cycle of a project ensuring each milestone is hit on-time and on-budget.
● Brings projects to successful completion; facilitating road map planning, daily progress, work reviews, and retrospectives.
● Tracks the team’s progress against prioritized work. Ensures project teams have all necessary information to complete the project successfully; removes impediments for the team and client, and identifies risks to project quality.
● Continuously evaluates status, identifying actual or potential conflicts with agreed-upon schedules and/or scope or budget; coordinates, communicates and resolves such problems, facilitates their resolution, or elevates them for resolution.
● Assures that all necessary and desirable coordination is accomplished and obtains maximum participation by stakeholders.
Nurtures positive, collaborative working relationships with internal and external colleagues. Champions the work of the Marketing team and helps promote a strong reputation for the team throughout the organization.
● Bachelor’s degree is required.
● Minimum of 5 year’s experience is required. Professional experience in a marketing, agency, or non-profit environment is preferred.
● Knowledge of and/or hands-on experience with Agile project management methodologies and tools is preferred.
● Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
● Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Ability to plan, organize, implement, and monitor assignments or projects, manage time, achieve deadlines; yet recognize and be highly responsive to changing priorities and circumstances.
● Familiarity with processes, procedures, and/or best practices involved in the creation and production of print, electronic, and multimedia communications.
● Basic understanding of behavioral marketing, analytics, and platforms. Experience in the review of digital events and digital products such as video, email, and social media. Ability to translate digital criteria, aspects, requirements to clients autonomously in a non-technical manner.
● Knowledge of computers, databases, and spreadsheets with skills sufficient to develop materials for projects.
Knowledge of Smartsheet software (is required). Knowledge of the mission of the Organization and its programs and the relationships among programs is a plus.