- Client is in Austin - work can be done remotely
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Christina Clark
We are seeking a Content Strategist for one of our valued Fortune 500 clients. This Consultant role will work within the Experience Design (XD) team, where Content Strategy helps create multi-channel, end-to-end experiences that meet customer needs and business goals. In this role, you will create both high-level strategy and do hands-on-writing and editing across engagement experiences utilizing data and analytics to inform and improve your work.
We’re looking for a senior-level content strategist, passionate about growing brands and engaging potential customers, You’ll partner with business, brand, marketing, analytics, research, and design teams to increase traffic to the site and effectively engage visitors.
In this role, you will:
- Own the content strategy for the Brand’s website including editorial calendar, SEO enhancements, and support for marketing initiatives
- Apply strategic thinking to achieve KPIs and help ideate and create/enhance new engagement features
- Create high-traffic content, lead-converting resources and shareable creative projects that educate, inform, inspire and move our audiences to take action
- Execute the brand and marketing teams’ vision and strategy across channels and functions
- Ensure alignment with content guidelines and ensure our content marketing products are aligned to our organizational mission, priorities and brand
- Write stellar content (optimized for SEO), edit and improve existing content for consistency and clarity, assign ensure copy tone and styles are consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Develop accessible messaging consistent with A11Y guidelines
- Advocate for content strategy and design thinking across the broader organization
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting and employer match.
Desired candidates will bring:
- Minimum 6+ years digital content experience with emphasis on digital content - email and web, preferably at a creative agency, news/media company or in-house content team
- Top-notch writing and editing skills
- Experience delivering innovative, highly polished marketing content from concept to finished work
- Experience with cross-team collaboration and synthesizing feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working with web-based CMS and other publishing tools
- Incredible attention to detail and excellent grammatical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Successful candidates must complete a background check and drug test prior to starting.