- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent’s client, one of the largest non-profits in the US, seeks a Project Manager for its Public Policy Institute to manage projects for Livability Index projects. The ideal candidate will bring 5+ year of relevant Project Management / Coordination experience and experience and/or interest in Urban Planning and/or Public Policy.
Location: Due to COVID, this role will start out as work-from-home, however, seeking candidates in the Washington DC market; who can eventually commute to the office once the team returns.
Opportunity: This role starts out as a 12-month engagement, however, the need is open-ended and can extend long term.
Pay / Benefits: This is a W2 hourly role (full time hours) with platinum-level comprehensive benefits offered, eligible for PAID sick time and PAID holidays.
Livability Index Project Manager – day to day responsibilities include:
• Responsible for coordinating team member participation in meetings, external outreach with stakeholders, and communicating with contractor staff on work related to the team’s Livability Index, a nationwide neighborhood-based index of metrics and policies that impact quality of life.
• Schedule project-related meetings, maintain written meeting notes, record decisions, ensure on-time execution and follow-up as necessary.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required, as well as ability to plan ahead, negotiate consensus on decisions, and solve problems with sound judgement and rationale.
• 5+ years of related Project Management / Coordination experience
• Experience in work related to urban planning, livable communities, public policy or related disciplines is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills
• Self-driven / proactive work ethic
• Well-organized and excels in managing multiple priorities
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.