- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
Our client is looking to bring on Senior UX Designer to help with site redesign project. Client is based out of San Jose but open to remote candidates who are open to working West coast hours.
What you’ll do:
- In this role, you will take part in team sprints, including design thinking, creating prototypes, brainstorming/ideation and presenting ideas to team members
- Create highly effective user-focused experiences and interfaces across a variety of environments (mobile, web apps, dashboards, etc.)
- Create and maintain design documentation including wireframes, user flows, information architecture, and interaction design
- Collaborate with a wide range of staff members to develop concepts into features during the software development lifecycle
- Create and demonstrate interactive prototypes, and validate designs with product team, stakeholders, and users
- Collaborate with other team members to understand customer needs and interpret them into design elements
- Stay up to date on industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technology and promote them within the larger UX team.
Disqualifier: team is open to them being remote but should be open to working west coast time zones (doesn’t have to sit there).
- Nice to Have: strong understanding of CSS/HTML
- Person should be working on web design but may also have marketing, less of a UX designer. Visual skills will be needed
- Performance Indicators: Quality of the work and attention to detail; feedback (making changes based on that feedback) – some level of collab with other teams will be needed
What makes you stand out:
- Knowledge of programming language.
- Skills in interaction and animation design.
- Illustration or sketching abilities.
- Experience working in Financial Services.
Top 3 must have skills:
1 Web design – ideally exp designing in code is a +
2 Adobe Illustrator
3 Sketch/ Figma
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)