- Austin, TX or Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent’s fintech / payments client seeks a Content Designer (writer for User Experience) who will work side by side with Designers, Content Strategists, Product Owners, and Researchers to create web experiences that empower people and businesses around the world.
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re an excellent writer who is also a design thinker and customer champion. You love using words to tell stories, to solve problems, and to make the world a better place. You’re just as happy brainstorming big-picture strategy as you are crafting compelling headlines and helpful error messages. You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, high-tech environment that requires independent self-direction as well as collaboration and open communication.
Location: Due to COVID, this engagement is currently work-from-home, but seeking candidates in the Austin, TX or Chicago, IL markets.
Hours: M-F 9-5, no anticipated overtime.
Duration: This engagement is initially through end of 2020, however, there it is possibility of extension beyond that timeframe.
Typical Task Breakdown:
• Plan and write content for web experiences
• Transform global product requirements and marketing drivers into a strategy for how you will use content to meet business goals and solve real customer problems.
• Present your work and articulate your approach to teammates, product owners, and other stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Design on page layout, interactions, and visual tone.
• Coordinate content with Brand, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure we create a consistent end-to-end experience.
• Use data and research to evaluate your content’s impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows real results.
• Maintain and evolve the client’s content standards, including voice and tone.
• Learn a lot, make an impact, have fun.
Top 3 MUST HAVE SKILLS:
1) Candidates with 2 to 5 years (or more) professional writing experience with web or marketing content are welcome to apply
2) Excellent, highly creative writing and critical-thinking skills.
3) Experience working with content standards, such as style and voice and tone guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate will bring:
• Excellent, highly creative writing and critical-thinking skills.
• Experience working with content standards, such as style and voice and tone guidelines.
• At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams.
• Experience in financial services, payments, B2B or B2C e-commerce is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Design, Information Science or related field.