- Jersey City, NJ
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Feb. 2021
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Our Fortune 100 Company is the most respected financial services firm in the world, serving corporations and individuals in more than 100 countries. Last year alone, our Client deployed millions of dollars in global philanthropic and business investments as well as helping to reduce environmental risks while generating new opportunities to create a sustainable global economy.
This role is 100% remote for a NYC based client, Healthcare Benefits provided, 5 paid sick days, 401k, 3 months with the goal to convert to full time/staff.
What You Will Do:
- As Digital UX Researcher on this growing Team (currently 3 Researchers with the goal to double), you will help undertake an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings to deepen customer engagement through the use of digital channels. The goal is to position themselves as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and to enable the delivery of highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
- Be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects, take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis—complete with a specific method and tasks that illuminate the heart of the issue.
- Source data to conduct behavioral analysis on your digital products, develop research strategies and proposals and execute on time and on budget.
- Provide design recommendations with firm conviction and a gentle touch, while carefully reading people so you’ll always know the right balance of each. “Synergize” with the Client’s exceptional Interaction and Visual Designers to further improve information architecture, site navigation, labels, and other design elements.
- Take sometimes, fuzzy-headed notions and craft those into solid, testable research hypotheses around which you will design and deliver the appropriate research by understanding when less is more and when it’s not.
- Be able to roll-up your sleeves and learn / write SQL scripts to gather behavioral data for secondary or primary research needs.
- Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
- Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research, leverage heuristics, Voice of the Customer, statistical analyses to triangulate user pain points, and confidently apply a range of frameworks to synthesize and solve research problems.
What You Need:
- Simply put, our Client is looking for someone with extensive research experience, a towering intellect, uncompromising talent, and supreme organizational ability. And of course, you have to be fun to work with and get along well with mostly really cool people. In a nutshell, you need to out-distance the competition and vastly improve any customer tool, application, or web/mobile property we touch.
- The strong candidate will demonstrate a higher than usual degree of user empathy, and will be able to tell a compelling story about the motivations and intentions of our users, inspiring all stakeholders towards “Aha!” moments.
- 80% Qualitative experience but able do quantitative
- Industry experience in Wealth Management and/or FinTech is important
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills and be able to work collaboratively with diverse teams and as well as independently.
- Extensive knowledge of user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, usability testing, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.)
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to facilitate the design process.
- Ability to mentor and lead other researchers; 5+ years of user experience research with multifaceted responsibilities with a mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Related experience across devices or in another field such as interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL, HQL, Pivot Tables, RStudio, Photoshop, SharePoint, Sketch, InVision, or other scripting or prototyping tools are additionally advantageous
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com