- Jersey City, NJ
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent’s large global banking client seeks a User Experience Researcher with strong mixed-methods and design research skills. Seeking a researcher individual who is sharp in both quant and qual, who will complement the team. If you can explain why you’re that person, we want you!
In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects. A qualified candidate will demonstrate experience and expertise planning, leading, and executing user research programs.
Location: Due to COVID restrictions, this role will start out working from home; however, seeking candidates who are commutable to Jersey City (a Jersey City / NYC split is als possible).
The strong candidate will:
· Demonstrate a high degree of user empathy and will be able to tell a compelling story about the motivations and intentions of our users, inspiring all stakeholders towards “Aha!” moments.
· Be able to take sometimes ambiguous notions and craft those into solid, testable research hypotheses around which you will design and deliver the appropriate research.
- Be able to roll-up your sleeves and learn / write SQL scripts to gather behavioral data for secondary or primary research needs.
· Have excellent project management and organizational skills and be able to work collaboratively and productively with diverse teams and as well as independently.
Simply put, we are looking for someone with extensive research experience, solid intellect, and organizational ability. And of course, you have to be fun to work with!
· Extensive knowledge of user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, usability testing, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.)
· Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
· Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
· Leverage heuristics, VoC, statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
· Confidently apply a range of frameworks to synthesize and solve research problems.
· Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to facilitate the design process.
· 3-5+ years of user experience research for digital. We prefer a mix of experience using qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
· Fintech / financial / and/or wealth management experience is a strong plus.
· Strong understanding of user interface design practices and principles a must.
· Strong project management and negotiating skills are central to the position.
· Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
· Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches—orally and in writing—considered a good thing (wild gesturing optional).
· Strong moderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building.
· Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
· Knowledge of SQL, HQL, Pivot Tables, RStudio, Photoshop, SharePoint, Sketch, InVision, or other scripting or prototyping tools are additionally advantageous
· Related experience across devices or in another field such as interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research is a plus.