- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our Client puts the member at the center of everything they do.
Can you spot the anti-pattern in a multi-touch, multi-channel email welcome experience, and uncover what the ideal design pattern could be?
Do you offer improved solutions when a stakeholder can’t decide between one primary CTA or 10?
Do you respond to creative and technical roadblocks with a passion for problem-solving?
If you answered “yes”, or even better, “heck, yes!”, then this role might be right for you!
Our client is looking to join forces with an experienced Salesforce Email Designer/Developer who can show a proven ability to communicate effectively with users through design and carefully crafted content. Working to reinforce and evolve an established brand and digital design system, the ideal candidate will partner with a talented Creative team of designers and writers to develop new solutions for email, acquisition, and retention marketing in a primarily digital space.
- Carefully curated portfolio, showcasing innovative concepts and thoughtful visual solutions - illustrating your contribution to successful digital marketing campaigns (or unsuccessful campaigns, and what you learned from failure).
- B.A. in Graphic Design, Art Direction, Visual Communication or related field preferred
- An outstanding portfolio and experience working on an in-house creative team, design studio or creative agency considered in lieu of college degree.
- 3 – 5 years of experience designing and deploying multi-touch campaigns built using automated email marketing CRMs (i.e. Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, XD, After Effects)
- Mastery of layout, typography, photography and color theory and how they function as a system to communicate clearly and define a brand
- Excellent written and verbal skills – able to rationalize design decisions tied to key user/business goals, focusing on defined KPIs and a seamless UX.
- Well-organized team-player, who breeds efficiency through periodic process improvements, carefully planned file naming and folder structure, who has an appetite for continuous training and education.
- Experience with digital project management collaboration software (i.e. Workfront, Jira, Filemaker Pro, etc.)
- Lead creative concepting, visual design and development of marketing communications
- Manage multiple projects with varying timelines consistently, working with on-site and remote teams.
- Deliver presentations of concepts and design work, supporting creative decisions with rationale and insight.
- Coach/mentor design team, inspiring innovation and risk-taking, launching from a foundation of design best-practices.
- Actively pursue creative growth and development through experience, exposure, and education
- Produce on-brand materials consistent across all communications channels including print, digital and social
- Critical eye for photography. Photo editing and retouching
- Graphic asset management and organization through consistent file naming and folder structure, so that anyone can find and identify your files.
- Work on-site in newly completed corporate office in Oakland, overlooking the San Francisco Bay, with consideration for part-time remote work in the future.
- Expert knowledge of mobile-first design methodology for email marketing – responsive web design, content strategy, information architecture, A/B testing and section 508 accessibility standards.
- Front-end coding proficiency (HTML and CSS) for email and web.
- Experience developing responsive templates within marketing automation platforms (Marketo and SFMC preferred)
- Self-motivated creative contributor who also thrives in a team environment, collaborating with other creatives and business partners.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel as needed utilizing various methods of transportation.
- Ability to focus in an open and sometimes noisy workspace
- Experience with motion design in video (animation, data visualization kinetic type, infographics, etc)
- Have concepted and produced animated banner ads, and are familiar with design best practices and production (HTML5 and animated GIFs)
- Proficient in Sketch and InVision
- Experience working in Microsoft SharePoint