- San Francisco, CA; Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, Product Manager (PM) who is passionate about working closely with nonprofits to deliver market driven solutions.
The PM’s primary focus will be delivering on plans to further extend our Open Source Program Management Module (PMM), designed to empower Nonprofit Program Management staff with the tools and information needed to deliver impactful programs at scale. The PM will be responsible for defining market requirements, writing user stories, and packaging features into product releases. This is an amazing opportunity to have impact with thousands of social impact organizations, while working on the world’s best platform for delivering impactful applications. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing the impact of technology and education in the social change sector can be realized.
Duties will include development of market driven requirements that solve our customers’ toughest problems, synchronizing customer needs and interests with roadmap and delivery schedules, and representing the product to internal and external stakeholders. The PM will work closely with stakeholders to help drive forward the product roadmap, draft feature set and functional requirements for the development teams, and communicate clearly with invested parties.
The PM will be required to be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about leading the development, execution and strategy for effective, scalable, end-to-end business solutions. This includes gathering requirements, UAT, internal engagement, and customer outreach. Our Product Managers work cross-functionally with every team within the company; from diving into the market to develop extensive market subject matter expertise, to sitting in on customer calls with the sales team, and working on user story mapping with user experience and engineering. This role will report to the Director of Nonprofit Industry Solutions for Program Management and will be a key member of a small and growing innovative technology team.
As to be expected in a startup-like environment, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility is required.
Below is a partial representation of what may be included in the Product Manager's typical week:
- Work with the community, partners and stakeholders to gather user requirements
- Facilitate the creation of feature designs
- Work in tandem with a cross-functional team to create epics and user stories
- Develop product feature roadmap and community input plan (pilots and design partner programs)
- Lead the team through release planning to inform the roadmap and communicate results to stakeholders
- Facilitate and manage the product lifecycle and continuously iterate to improve the product, including prioritization of enhancements, fixes and modifications
- Manage and communicate trade-off decisions between scope and schedule
- Act as the subject-matter expert for their assigned market
- Synthesize diverse sets of data to educate the team and drive product decisions
- Engage with customers and partners to understand their needs, articulate our goals and evaluate the impact of our product
- Partner with marketing, alliances and customer success teams at all levels to assess, initiate, prioritize, refine, and drive go to market messages for products and solutions
- Help bring diverse teams and priorities together to continually deliver for our customers
- Above all else, doing the little things that get the team to their goals
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role where you have shipped products that have scaled
- Demonstrated experience working with foundations on complex product needs
- Demonstrated aptitude in the agile software development process
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming customer needs into an actionable product vision and requirements definition
- Experience with Salesforce technologies
- Strong public speaker with experience delivering presentations and giving product demos
- Bachelor’s degree
Our product managers are:
- Well-versed in understanding the customer needs
- Compassionate (not just empathetic)
- Deeply analytical
- Experts in creating a product narrative
- Inspirational to engineers, designers and sales teams on a collective vision
- Detail-oriented yet versatile
- Good communicators
- Partners and believe that building a great product is a team sport
Our client, the world's #1 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model.
These founding principles have taken the company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. They are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career within the company. Together, with their employees, customers, partners and communities, they are working to improve the state of the world.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.