- Los Angeles, CA; Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Aquent's Client is looking for an experienced Production Designer with an expertise in packaging systems. You are hands-on with a masterful eye for layout, design, and typography, driven by your acute attention to detail. With solid pre-press skills, you will help execute an optimized global packaging program that elevates the product experience, while improving overall output. We are a collaborative and passionate team made up of designers, content strategists, engineers, and product managers, raising the bar to deliver consistent and accurate products for our customers.
In this role, you will lead the conversion of design files into press-ready mechanicals, focusing on the complete device experience, driving all production including: outer and inner box components, tech and brand publications, labeling, and specialty channel creative. You will work closely with our designers and content strategists to produce accurate files that elevate our brand through consistent presentation. You are self-motivated, resourceful, and take initiative to bridge the gap between our in-house Product Experience team and our external suppliers. You love collaboration, and working amongst talented peers in an entrepreneurial environment.
This is an opportunity to join a highly productive and fast-paced group for someone with demonstrated achievements in print production and prepress, including understanding 3D structures, dielines, out-of-box experience, and graphic design. You are a positive team player who can execute with a high level of professionalism and integrity, working seamlessly from design handoff to press-ready mechanicals. You know how to follow strict brand guidelines while continuously looking for improvements, and can lend your design skills when needed for packaging, user education, and specialty channel projects.
• Own production workflow for packaging and specialty channel projects, going the extra mile to present a complete and polished finished product.
• Prep, proof, preflight, and approve final artwork mechanicals and proofs based on designer and vendor output specs, ensuring accuracy, quality, and consistency.
• Partner with design, content, and visuals team members on the creation and turnover of assets, including: reviews, revisions, and approval of final files for release.
• Ensure the integrity of the approved concept design throughout the production process.
• Utilize and lend technical knowledge to build and keep uniformity among all print mechanicals; Attend press checks as necessary.
• Verify the accuracy of copy, regulated package elements, and basic compliance requirements.
• Catalog and organize project files (working and final) for future reference and retrieval.
• Independently manage production calendar of tasks assigned by project manager, effectively delivering projects on time and on budget while meeting quality standards.
• Review existing templates and systems and implement updates based on real examples and learnings as needed.
• Listen to others, value opinions, and help team leaders to meet goals in a fast-moving environment with short deadlines and high business impact.
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
• 6+ years of experience within in-house, design firm, or agency environment in print production, graphic, or visual design.
• Online portfolio reflecting extensive expertise in print production and user-centered design, solving for accurate, consistent templates including: packaging systems, collateral, and channel.
• Deep knowledge and passion for print production, processes, and manufacturing techniques for press.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet evolving deadlines.
• Ability to maintain quality and consistency of design for international localization.
• Experience with dielines, color matching, material selection and verification, and printing techniques.
• Extensive knowledge of pre-press and print production, as well as an eye for composition, and photo markup familiarity.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and working with third-party retouchers and illustrators on visual asset production.
• Highly experienced in building out new templated packaging file systems, as well as working into existing templates and master document styling.
• Able to learn quickly in a hands-on environment, taking initiative within a company that is dynamic and ever-evolving.
• Exceptional time and project management skills with excellent communication and organization.
• 2D and 3D package rendering skills.
• Experience with production design for mass produced consumer-packaged goods and electronics.
• Able to contribute to packaging design and development best practices and standards.
• Experience working into regional and/or multi-language packaging and literature.
• Light design abilities, including photography retouching, markups, and render set up for press.
• Familiarity working with spot, four-color printing process, and proofreading copy.
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.