- Cumberland, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jamie Moshier
Job Title: Sr. Accessibility Designer
Job Location: Boston, MA
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive w/ full benefits
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: Temp to Perm
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
This position will initially start Remotely due to COVID19 but will likely be onsite in Boston MA
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is seeing a Accessibility Designer to join their team!
We are looking for a Sr. Accessibility Designer with experience working in fast-paced, startup like environment. We believe everyone deserves good design. As a key member of the Design team, you will help ensure that the User Experience of our digital platform and ecosystem is built with accessibility in mind. Partner with product managers/owners and leadership to increase attention to the needs of our customers and community. Grow your skill set and knowledge base by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds.Coach, support and empower UX, UI and content strategists on principles ofaccessibility and inclusive design.
What You’ll Do
- Advise Product, Design and Engineering teams (iOS, Android and Web) to best accessibility practices and accessibility related decisions
- Collaborate with people with disabilities to learn how to remove barriers within our products
- Conduct usability studies involving people with disabilities to establish benchmarks and identify KPIs to improve products over time
- Ensure that every feature delivered through the Design organization encapsulates all the information needed to build an accessible experienceby acting as a coach for UX UI Designers, Design Systems, UX Research, Engineering and Product
- Research best practices & patterns, perform competitive evaluations, build concrete solutions to problems
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to identify strategies and implement accessible solutions
- Establish and implement enterprise guidelines, best practices, and standards related to designing and maintaining our digital applications
- Assist in development of educational elements, focused on design needs for Content, UX / UI and Product
- Contribute to process refinement and provide a11y perspectives in design thinking
- 5+ years UX or UX Research experience
- Experience working within a large design team preferred.
- A strong understanding of the value of the "right" amount of process.
- Strong attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be self-driven
- Knowledge and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of disability law including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508, and Affordable Care Act Section 1557
- Accessibility compliance experience
- Web / nativedesign and/or development experience
- Experience withassistive technology such as ZoomText, JAWS, VoiceOver or NVDA screen readerEducationBachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy