- Bethesda, MD or NYC
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Meghan Healy
This position is for the Head of Project Management (PM) within the Creative team. The PM executes brand partner requests ensuring on-target, on-time, on-budget, on-brand delivery of marketing collateral. The PM must exhibit outstanding project management and communication skills to achieve the highest possible standards in client service and team collaboration. They should have a general understanding of clients’ business challenges to provide communications solutions and project management execution. The PM will also be expected to participate in creative development meetings to ensure final output is on strategy. In addition, the PM will provide project management follow-through and accurate delivery.
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in communications, marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related major OR
• 6+ years of work experience in a project management role either in an external or internal agency strongly preferred.
• Ad agency project management experience preferred including experience in print, direct marketing campaigns, digital, social, video, etc.
• Strongly preferred experience with Project Management tools such as Advantage, Basecamp, Trello, Workfront, etc.
• Strong understanding of travel or hospitality marketing.
• Strong understanding of the integrated marketing/agency processes and workflows including creative, content, digital, production, distribution, print production, fulfillment, etc.
• Successful track record in client service/project management in a marketing or creative environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Marketing Intelligence: Demonstrate mastery of project management principles and best practices in relation to integrated marketing communications projects and strategy.
• Client Partnership: Work collaboratively with internal teams to develop smart, successful, integrated communications strategies in support of business objectives.
• Project Consultation: Establish and manage project workflows to execute client campaigns, marketing collateral and customer-facing content.
• Contribute knowledge of business strategy, marketing communications insight and brand acumen to help Account Executives guide the development of sound, integrated creative communications solutions on behalf of assigned client across all channels (i.e. print, web, social, mobile, email and video).
• Leverage knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative, writing, print production, proofreading, and production to facilitate effective communication between departmental teams.
• Partner with Account Executive (AE) and Creative team to scope and shape concepts and executions (design and copy), positively influencing project outcomes, across channels.
• Ensure all regulatory, legal and compliance and branding guidelines are followed to the letter on their assigned businesses.
• Work collaboratively with AE on assigned clients to streamline and guide the process to create integrated marketing communications strategies in support of business/program objective and brand and portfolio positioning.
• Operate as a liaison between project team members within the agency.
• Assist AE in building relationships and good will with clients by applying project management expertise to ensure that projects are executed on time, on budget and on strategy.
• Proactively inform AE of potential cost savings and creative opportunities to share with the client that are aligned with their marketing efforts.
Project Consultation & Workflow
• Responsible for job jacket creation, project estimating, scheduling, execution and tracking across internal departments.
• Monitor and track the deliverables and budgets for active projects and specific project deliverables. Communicate priorities, needs, challenges and opportunities as appropriate to other internal cross-functional team members.
• Communicate regularly with Account Executives on project status, timing, budgets, and resource availability in collaboration with the creative/production teams.
• Coordinate with creative and production leads to ensure resources are assigned and maintaining oversight of resource allocation/bandwidth.
• Oversee all tasks, alerts, briefs input into PM tool (Advantage) and ensure all jobs are routed through the team appropriately. Responsible for inputting all schedules, briefs, estimates into Advantage. Coordinate with AE to input all tasks, alerts and change requests.
• Manage use of PM tool to ensure adoption and proper use across all teams and functions.
• Act as additional layer of QA prior to account team review to ensure brief was followed, all changes have been made, files are to spec, etc.